Senior Cloud Engineer, Azure
SCHRODER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (SINGAPORE) LTD.
Permanent, Full Time
S$11500 - S$15800
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a seasoned, highly technical and experienced senior cloud engineer to come and join our Enterprise Cloud team and be part of the multi-year cloud transformation program that we have embarked upon. We require someone who has in-depth experience of engineering and integrating cloud platforms and services, someone who has worked with development and business agile teams on successful, medium-large scale, cloud migrations and who has a deep understanding of cloud best practices, cloud security, industry trends, modern technologies and new ways of working.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
The role will be based in Singapore, a mix of working from home as well as working from our central business district office in Capita Green.
You will be part of the Enterprise Cloud team that is comprised of two functions, the Cloud Centre of Excellence covering Azure and AWS Platform SRE, Classic Hosting SRE, Cloud Enablement, Cloud Infrastructure Architecture as well as the Cloud Business Office who cover Cloud Programme Management, Training & Knowledge Management, FinOps, MI Reporting and Governance. You will be part of the Azure Platform SRE team who are the subject matter experts for Azure cloud, and responsible for engineering, building and supporting a best in class Azure cloud platform. You provide a great user experience for our development and business colleagues who consume and use Azure cloud services. You will join a highly technical team who are solely focused on building a leading-edge cloud platform who are integral to a successful cloud adoption and migration programme over the next 3 years.
What you’ll do
- Engineer a best in class Azure Cloud platform
- Engineer and integrate cloud solutions & services to industry best practice with scalability, fault tolerance, highly resilient, highly secure, observability, and simplicity in mind
- Run proof of concepts for new cloud services or cloud third party tooling
- Work with InfoSec colleagues to review and enhance the Azure security posture
- Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale and security and translate these ideas into designs and implementation
- Work with peers to refine the cloud strategy, cloud adoption plan & cloud migration plan
- Work closely with development teams to help them through the cloud journey, evaluate and identify new cloud service requirements, and engineer and implement globally Identify, triage, and constantly automate and evolve the platform by pushing for change that improves reliability, operability and developer experience
- Every week solve exciting new challenges with an amazing team and technology stack
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Engineer solutions that are fully automated using infrastructure-as-code and integrated in the CI/CD toolchain
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- At least 5 years of relevent experience on cloud engineering
- Azure Cloud Certifications at Associate, expert or speciality level
- Strong experience with Azure, designing, engineering, and implementing cloud solutions and services
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes, AKS, Cosmos, ASE, Cognitive, Data Factory, Event Grid, Log Analytics, SQL, Blob, Table Storage, Queue Storage, Sentinel, Security Centre
- Experience of cloud transformation & change programs across technology organizations
- Strong experience across the infrastructure stack with Virtualisation, Windows, Linux, environments as well as Storage, Database and Networking.
- Experience with modern DevOps tooling (e.g., GIT, Azure DevOps, Terraform, Azure ARM, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of PaaS, Infra-as-Code, Compliance-as-Code, and when/how to use & enable Experience with modern engineering and agile practices as well as shift left CI/CD
- Passionate about building and delivering highly automated services via APIs
- Experienced with scripting and/or ideally one language, (e.g., Python, .NET, PowerShell, Nodejs, Ruby, Java) Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
- Deep understanding of broader cloud ecosystem including Cloud Computing Technologies, business drivers and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies and trends.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to self-manage
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- Understanding of AWS Understanding Cloud Service capabilities and relative strengths (AWS, Azure, GCP, Ali)
- Experience of Power BI, Azure Power Platform
What you’ll be like
- A passionate technologist
- An engineer who has the hunger and desire to learn new technologies
- An advocate of cloud, cloud adoption and cloud transformation
- Someone who embraces collaboration and change
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your gender, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
(Job Reference SIN01433)
Closing on 21 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company