Senior Commercial Manager Shipping Spot
TOTAL GAS & POWER ASIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Logistics / Supply Chain
S$18000 - S$25000
The jobholder based in Singapore is reporting to the Head of Shipping Commercial based in Geneva and works in close relation with the LNG Trading Desks of Singapore and Geneva and with the Shipping Operations.
Fleet activities and short term chartering
- Participate in the continuous analysis of the portfolio, fleet and market opportunities
- Closely monitors the LNG shipping market and provides regular shipping market intelligence updates to the LNG Trading desk. (Vessels rates and availability).
- Charters suitable LNG carriers upon request from the LNG trading desk:
- Liaises with trading desk to define their need;
- Negotiates and obtains offers (Term Sheets) at most competitive market conditions;
- Upon confirmation from the Head of Commercial and from the VP Trading, concludes the chartering transaction and negotiates with Legal department’s support, the detailed terms of the charter party with the Ship Owner (directly or via broker).
- Always ensures that chartering activities are conducted in compliance with the Trading Division rules, in particular:
- Always ensures a full compliance with the Group Vetting procedures
- Always ensures a full compliance with the trading authority limits and delegations of authority;
- Always ensures a full compliance with Credit and Compliance procedures for 3rd parties approval.
- Always check the reconciliation of chartering costs at the end of charter period before sending to Ship Owner in good coordination with operations team.
- Calculates shipping costs under Transportation Services Agreements in force and provides quotations to support the LNG trading desk activity (spot cargo opportunities, tenders, cargo diversion, shipping studies.)
Commercial Contract Management of Long Term Fleet
- Contract Management of allocated vessels from the long term Fleet :
- Negotiation of amendments to the charter
- Commercial discussions related to fleet performances under charter parties, following analyse by Shipping Operations department;
- Addressing any dispute with Ship Owners
- Checking hire and other hire related invoices received from Ship Owners before authorising payment.
- Monitoring with Operations & Back office preparation of hire invoices when its vessels are chartered out.
- Reporting any incident and claim to hierarchy. Collecting all documentation to support the claim.
- Commercial discussions during annual audits and budget for vessels on Opex cost pass through
- Represent TOTAL in the LNG Shipping world
Develop and maintain relationship with Ship Owners, brokers and other market players
- Keep aware of business and activities of other LNG payers
Communication and knowledge
- Supports the LNG trading desk for all shipping related aspects during negotiations of LNG spot purchases and cargo diversions.
- Supports the Head of Shipping Commercial in various LNG shipping workshops
- Inputs its LNG shipping spot deals and its allocated LNG vessels deals in the trading book and manages shipping related positions (i.e TC Hire, bunkers, etc)
- Assist other departments of GRP on questions and information on LNG shipping activities
- Education: master’s degree, professional expertise in the LNG shipping chartering field.
- At least 5 year experience in shipping operations and /or chartering.
- Ability to manage many different tasks and subjects simultaneously
- An international outlook and an ability to adapt in different scenarios, and with different people
- Good knowledge of the shipping market, basic technical expertise on vessels performances.
- Requires autonomy and rigorous skills
Closing on 03 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company