Senior Investment Writer
TEMPLETON ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD
Banking and Finance, Others
S$10000 - S$15000
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Franklin Templeton Emerging Market Equity (FT EME) is seeking a Senior Investment Writer to join the team in Singapore to lead content development for the team. The role involves developing a strategic and robust content plan/calendar, which showcases the team’s unique global footprint and investment insights. The candidate will be responsible for crafting timely and thought-provoking content, which distinguishes FT EME as a distinct and differentiated voice of authority in the Emerging Market space.
This will include planning and producing thought leadership, investment insights, and economic content for use across FT’s communications platforms, including social media, industry publications, traditional media, speaking engagements, and internal communications.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Develop an ongoing strategic and direction-setting content calendar.
- Produce institutional quality content for white papers, investment insights/commentary and sales and marketing collateral, including for use in conferences, client presentations, websites and social media.
- Originate ideas for content from industry news, research and investment team calls, and discussions with distribution and clients.
- Conduct meetings/interviews with portfolio managers and senior management for content and white papers.
- Interface with internal stakeholders such as Portfolio Manager, Research teams, Sales and Marketing.
- Lead the team’s content generation and timely dissemination, while ensuring high quality.
- Assist and participate in the completion of RFPs, DDQs, pre and post-sale marketing collateral and corporate communications.
- Lead timely and thoughtful response to market events by providing written and verbal communication to be delivered directly and indirectly to clients.
- Attend investment meetings with senior investment leaders and CIO, as appropriate, and share strategic perspectives across platforms on key asset classes and investment capabilities across the firm.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree or CFA preferred
- 10+ years previous writing experience within the investment industry
- Self- starter, highly motivated, and capable of independent delivery
- Comprehensive understanding of financial, economic and investment concepts, asset management industry and products
- Keen interest in global equity markets, equity strategies and investment concepts
- Ability to synthesize research and technical content into viewpoints and translate those views into thoughtful content in a clear, concise and engaging writing style
- Excellent writing, proof reading and editing skills
- Experienced in designing and delivering a strategic and consistent content calendar
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is critical
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive relationships with key stakeholders across teams
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead and coordinate editorial projects
- Proficient in desktop publishing software.
- Experience with FactSet, Bloomberg or similar investment data preferred
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing on 06 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company