Senior IT Analyst, Regulatory and Trading Operations (Engineering)
THE TORONTO-DOMINION BANK
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$5500 - S$10000
TD Bank Group
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with more than 85,000 employees in offices around the world, The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group ("TD"). TD offers a full range of financial products and services to more than 25 million customers worldwide through three key business lines:
- Canadian Retail including TD Canada Trust, Business Banking, TD Auto Finance, TD Wealth, TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance
- U.S. Retail including TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, TD Auto Finance, TD Wealth, and TD’s investment in TD Ameritrade
- Wholesale Banking through TD Securities
TD had CND $1.7 trillion in assets as at April 30, 2020. TD also ranks among the world’s leading online financial services firms, with more than 13 million active online and mobile customers. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol "TD".
In Singapore, TD operates as The Toronto-Dominion Bank, Singapore Branch and Toronto Dominion (South East Asia) Limited, which are collectively known as “TD Singapore” since 1979. The key business in Singapore is TD Securities which is part of Wholesale Banking.
TDS Technology Solutions
As TDS’ Technology Solutions (TS) continues to evolve, we remain passionate about implementing greater governance around our planning, development, delivery, measurement and reporting activities. Our goal is to run our IT shop as a business, have the right tools and information to improve our productivity and value across all TD lines of business.
As an Engineer in the team, you will be instrumental in keeping TD Bank compliant with regulations.
You will define the infrastructure architecture of deployments, plan for capacity and ultimately coordinate project delivery through close collaboration with developers, business analysts and other stakeholders across the bank. You will be challenged to identify and realize potential process and operational improvements through your expertise in contemporary productivity tools and technologies. You will also manage obsolescence and currency of the estate in order to keep services resilient and stable.
We are looking for a proven track record in Solutions Engineering, hands-on experience with one or more of Application Architecture/ Design / Deployments, Product Certification, Realtime Event-Driven Systems Management, Application Integration, Application Monitoring and Databases.
- Management and package of releases
- Support non-production environment and third line production support
- Product evaluation, certification, patch management, upgrades and currency
- Define and drive the adoption of the standards for engineering patterns and methodologies
- Continual review and improvements of automation / processes / practices and tooling
Skills & Requirements:
- Tertiary education – fields in Engineering and Computer Science is advantageous
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is a plus
- Application Management Experience, including familiarity with ITIL standards
- Understanding of Messaging Systems and Paradigms (at least one of FIX, JMS, MQ, Solace, Kafka, etc.)
- Understanding of Database technologies and Querying (at least one of PostgreSQL, Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, XPATH and JSON
- Understanding of UNIX Scripting and Administration
- Understanding of Agile Methodology and DevOps Principles
- Strong communication skills
- Able to apply knowledge from one area to another
- Collaborative, self-driven, motivated and passionate
- Methodical and analytical with strong problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience in the following technologies:
- Linux/ Windows/ VMC/ Azure - PostgreSQL, Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, MS SQL
- FIX, JMS, Solace, WebSphere MQ, JBoss
- Drools, TIBCO BusinessEvents, TIBCO BusinessWorks
- Java, J2EE, Spring, Python, React, Scala
- Jira, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Sonatype, Veracode, Git
- Knowledge and skills that are desirable:
- Understanding of Application Integration
- Enterprise scheduling, (e.g. Autosys)
- Enterprise Monitoring (e.g. Nastel, ITRS Geneos, Dynatrace)
- Development experience with one of Scala, Java, Python, .NET or Scripting
- Knowledge of financial regulations (e.g. G20 Dodd-Frank Trade-reporting and MiFID)
- Knowledge of financial products (e.g. derivatives)
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Closing on 23 Jan 2021orview more job listings from this company