Senior Principal, Cross Functional Relationship Management / Business Development
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON
Banking and Finance
S$25000 - S$34000
- Cross-functional Relationship Management and Business Development
- Independently manages a portfolio of existing clients or prospects, focusing on client satisfaction, relationship building and responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable
- Serves in a consultative role to the prospects, advising top leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firms solutions
- Clients/prospects managed are key to the unit achieving its goals and objective
- Client/prospects are significantly large and complex institutions, requiring depth of knowledge in a niche segment or significant breadth of knowledge across numerous products/services
- Prospect and client needs are often enterprise-wide and may involve a multi-year or long-term pursuit approach.
- May also pursue advantageous strategic partnerships with third parties in order to better respond to prospects needs
- If necessary, leads team implementation of firm-wide initiatives. May be responsible for executing trades in certain businesses
- Performs in-depth industry research and maintains an understanding of the market environment, including short- and long-term trends, competitor offerings, regulatory developments etc. in order to achieve account growth or new accounts
- Generates leads from within existing client accounts or as a results of industry research, prospecting. Incumbents are highly experienced in independently developing leads and initiating contact with prospects. Client and prospect contacts are almost exclusively the most senior leadership within an organization (i.e., C-suite)
- Identify, co-ordinate and participate in opportunities for enhancing the Company s visibility
- Work with the appropriate functions to develop and market new products, services, solutions and thought leadership concepts
- Consults with clients/prospects on their strategic vision and uses an in-depth understanding of the firms solutions and value proposition to help achieve that vision
- May offer customized product offerings
- Develops a negotiation strategy and position to align client/prospect needs to firm offerings
- Contributes to and advises on negotiation strategy for the business unit
- Closes new prospects or new client arrangements by structuring deals (pricing, contract terms, etc.) that achieve optimal terms for both the client and the firm
- Ensures deals are compliant with all regulations.
- Deals may involve significant risk to the organization
- Marshals firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure the most appropriate response to prospect proposals and deal structure
- Work closely with related teams (RMs, AMs, CSD) and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development, relationship management, and/or account management activities are conducted and captured
- Tracks and reports on business development, relationship management, and/or account management results for assigned area (geographic, business/industry category, product category, etc.)
- Builds reports for use by senior leaders that identifies trends, opportunities, potential areas of concern, etc.
- Provide input to leaders for addressing identified issues. No direct reports
- Provides guidance to less experienced business development, relationship management, and/or account management roles as needed or may provide direct supervision to a small team
- May enlist and lead other business development, relationship management, and/or account management colleagues in pursuing very large, complex opportunities
- Responsible for business development, relationship management, and/or account management within a large and/or complex area, often requiring breadth of knowledge across geographic, product or industry categories and segments
- Typically pursues large, complex prospects requiring multi-year, long-term pursuit processes.
- Deals are critical to the achievement of unit goals and objectives.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in a related customer-facing role, Sales Support, Global Capital Markets or Product Management
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business
- A good understanding of the relevant marketplace, competitive landscape and industry drivers in the relevant region is preferred
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
Closing on 05 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company