Senior Quant Strategist
CARGILL INTERNATIONAL TRADING PTE LTD
Banking and Finance
S$13000 - S$16000
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Senior Quant Strategist will independently perform the most complex analytics and market intelligence activities to develop business intelligence, optimize effectiveness and predict business outcomes. We seek a multifaceted professional who will independently research data, market information and trends; create and maintain complex and global modeling tools and systems. In this role you will analyze data and interpret and execute strategies, sharing best practices.
- Design trading strategies and build tools globally relating to fundamental and non-fundamental influences on commodity markets.
- Lead the discovery and prototyping of new quantitative tools and strategies.
- Develop scalable machine learning components to generalize models to other data sources, commodities or products and maintain advanced statistical ensemble systems.
- Benchmark, back test and stress-test models to identify true sensitivities and risks.
- Maintain and enhance code repository and models infrastructure in a scalable fashion.
- Provide advisory to trading desks on the model’s correct usage and conclusions and improvement opportunities.
- Conduct the most complex market analyses and provide advisory to trading team to adjust their positions as appropriate.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems.
- You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Masters and/or PhD in a quantitative discipline (statistics, computer-science, engineering, quantitative finance, etc.)
- Hands-on experience building infrastructure: Python proficiency + SQL proficiency, knowledge of OOP languages
- Experience in systematic trading of agricultural markets and other commodities
- Experience with fundamental and alternative datasets, as they are the source of Cargill’s edge
- Willingness and ability to relocate in the future
Closing on 02 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company