Senior System Analyst
RHB BANK BERHAD
Banking and Finance, Design, Engineering, Information Technology, Insurance
S$5000 - S$10000
Custodian and system expert who can advise, analyze, plan, implement, maintain, support (and retire/refresh where required) all locally hosted (On premise, Cloud) business applications and platforms required to run Singapore operations:
Common to all Senior System Analyst
- Maintain and ensure business application running in production are kept running and supported in a healthy state;
- Analyze and recommend new application and platform acquisitions to meet evolving Singapore Operation’s needs based on capturing and documenting business requirements elicited from business stakeholders
- Where the business application is in-house developed do the required coding and development, otherwise engage with 3rd party vendor to get enhancements developed and then deploy into test and prod when ready
- Ensure IT is operated in a manner that complies with Bank Policies and frameworks, standards, circulars, guidelines and MAS regulated act, notices, circulars, and guidelines applicable to technology (Compliance, Audit, Risk Adherence). – Application and Platforms
- Ensure IT assets are protected and secure – Applications and Platforms
- Assist in annual budgeting – Applications and Platforms
- Be a key stakeholder and technology partner on the bank Digital journey.
- Foster and champion bank PRIDE values within the technology department and imbue the department with a culture of teamwork, innovation, discipline, resiliency and dedication to how work is approached.
- Where vendor based solution approach adopted and/or outsourced approach, arrange due diligence and assessment from technology perspective on behalf of users.
- Provide day-to-day support to business users on any application system issues or constraints
- Ensure assigned application deployments running on bank managed environments are properly QA and meet conditions.
- Co-ordinate the setup and manage test environments to ensure business can do their enhancements and new projects testing for assign applications.
Specific to Senior System Analyst
Senior System Analysts are assigned to specialize in one of the following groupings of business applications and platforms:
- Core Systems: Back-office systems such as core banking systems (Customer, Statements, Loans/Limits, Deposit, GL, Branch Banking, Trade, Asset Based Financing) and In-house Systems (loans related, bank notes system, Safe deposit box, excel based).
- Digital and Payments: Digital, Payments and Channel systems such as Mobile Banking (MBK), SOA / API and Messaging platforms, UAS/E2EE/MFA customer token platform, Digital onboarding, ATMs, SWIFT/MEPS+, G3 Fast and Bulk Payments, Cheque processing system, Enterprise workflow system, document share system, RPA
Strategy, Planning, Mgmt. Reporting
- Provide expert advice and support to technology management in the area of expertise
- Contribute in the formulation a comprehensive Branch IT strategy covering IT policies and procedures, security, architecture, business solutions and operational functional requirements
- Keep abreast of developments and innovations in the FI IT landscape
- Provide mentorship, support and guidance to colleagues, share information and facilitate problem solving
- Contribute in the yearly budgeting for IT expenditures and investments.
- Ensure business applications running in production are healthy and functioning per expected.
- Ensure prompt and efficient provision of IT support based on assigned area of expertise (includes request from Data center operations team)
- Oversee contingency plans and ensure their adequacy
- Ensure IT assets are protected and secure
- Maintain and ensure timely renewal of digital certificates and proper lodgment with IT security team.
- Ensure IT operations run in a manner consistent with high score from audit, risk, compliance assessments. The following to be operationalized as standard procedure against all IT asset components:
- Administrative Accounts – All admin accounts lodged into PAM solution per group IT Security guidelines and MAS notice 655 point 4.1
- Patching – Patch notification process established with vendors and patch calendar updated, upon patch release assessment and implementation as needed Per patching guidelines and MAS notice 655 point 4.2
- Hardening - Per component definition and enforcement against SG security standard and Group IT Security guidelines and SG addendum/s and MAS notice 655 point 4.3
- Network Perimeter Defense – Network traffic and segments, firewalls, proxies, dns, vpn access setup in secure manner per group IT security guidelines and MAS notice 655 4.4
- Malware – IT Security consulted and all required IT security protections installed on IT assets per MAS notice 655 point 4.5
- Multi-factor Authentication – MFA, where applicable implement MFA of administrative and internet accounts with access to customer information using PAM per MAS notice 655 point 4.6
- Logging and Monitoring – Security, Capacity, Downtime, Audit
- Capacity Mgmt. – Pre-emptive monitoring (via monitoring), planning and execution of capacity upgrades as needed
- EOL/EOS Upgrades – Per group guidelines. Track and execute upgrades and/or do risk assessment and deviation approval.
- Housekeeping – scripted clean-ups and truncations of logs and temp files after necessary archives executed
- Backups – Required backup strategy per backup guidelines operationalized to central Backup Platform. Recurring scheduled backup validation activities scheduled and performed ongoing to ensure backups working per need.
- Work with system stakeholders to ensure proper classification of system criticality and ensure design and architecture can meet the assessed criticality needs:
- MAS 644 defined Critical system – Ensure DR setup and working and can achieve RTO within 4 hours, RPO within 2 hours and maximum unplanned downtime of not more than 4 hours per rolling 12 months;
- MAS 644 defined non-critical system – Ensure HA/DR per stakeholder requirement.
- BCM related activity planning and execution
- Review and Approve/Reject production change requests as part of TCAB committee
- Raise CAB CR as necessary
- Cutover related planning and execution
- Ensure and maintain adequate test environments in good working order to support enhancements and new projects;
- Adhere to SDLC for both in-house and 3rd party solution platforms.
- Take BAU day 2 operational ownership in terms of maintenance, support and minor enhancement ownership of new systems and/or major enhancements delivered by the Digital Delivery and DevOps team
- Track IT related spend against budget.
- Write Memos to authorize procurements
- Write Memos to get deviation approvals where required.
Application and Systems Development / New Platform Acquisition
- Lead in the requirements gathering and documentation, design and where in-house the coding, test support and implementation of new systems or enhancements of existing systems:
- Analyze, design, document and develop technical solutions according to business requirements (or in case of off the shelf, co-ordinate with 3rd party vendor)
- Provide accurate, complete and up to date system documentation
- Provide training to users to ensure correct usage and proper adoption upon rollout
- Oversee the QA of software implementation
- Oversee the deployment and implementation of applications to run on Cloud for existing systems based on end-user needs and business rationale.
- Assist team lead to write and table committee papers as required to get new systems and/or platforms, or major refreshes approved.
- Write Memos to authorize procurements
- Write Memos to get deviation approvals where required
- Work together with Digital Delivery and DevOps team to support digital and cloud initiatives in terms of initial advisory and then follow-on necessary analysis and coordination/implementation related to integration requirements and enhancement required to existing business applications to enable the digital initiative.
- Work with Digital Delivery and DevOps team to support migration of workloads running on premises to Cloud.
Regulatory and Procedural Expertise
- Keep up to date and refreshed on required reading related to guiding how IT must be run in a regulated Financial institution. Minimum read list:
- MAS Technology Risk Management Guidelines (TRMG)
- MAS Notice 644 – Technology Risk Management.
- MAS Notice 655 – Cyber Hygiene
- MAS Outsourcing Guidelines
- RHB Group IT Security Guidelines and SG addendum/s
- SG Patching Guidelines
- SG Backup Guidelines
- SG Technology Department Operational Manual (OM)
- SG IT Standard Operational Procedures (SOP), and System Manuals (SM)
- SG Procurement Operational Manual (OM)
- Participate in Monthly Technology Department meetings.
- Participate in regular Team meeting.
- Use Department issue and work tracking platform.
- Maintain and keep up to date team knowledge base and assist in updating team document assets such as system manual / standard operating procedures (SOP), and operations manuals
- Bachelor Degree/Masters with min. 5 years of experience documenting requirements, designing solutions, and coding or configuring off the shelf software as part of technology department in a financial institution based in Malaysia or Singapore
- Minimum 3 years of experience in providing level 3 IT operations support in a financial institution based out of Malaysia or Singapore.
- Experience managing vendors
- Working knowledge of bank operations and products
- Experience in supporting and configuring core banking systes
- Experience in agile based SDLC methodologies
- TOGAF architecture certification, Net developer related certification, Java developer related certification, SQL Developer related certification (not mandatory
Closing on 05 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company