Service Desk Engineer
ETIQA INSURANCE PTE. LTD.
S$2600 - S$4000
As Service Desk Engineer you will act as the first point of contact for internal end users contacted IT Helpdesk to report issues and faults relating to their issue.
The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution. This will be achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolved problems at the first point of contact and/or escalating the fault to one of our 2nd line specialist teams to investigate and resolve.
Throughout this process you will remain the single point of contact with the customer, maintaining ownership of the original fault and acting as the main point of contact between the internal end users and IT Helpdesk but providing timely updates and ensuring the fault is given the correct level of priority and attention.
This is a demanding support position which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a basic of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products including; Workstations (Windows and macOS).
- Dealing with incoming faults in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email.
- Taking ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner.
- Correctly logging incidents and faults, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures.
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution.
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate.
- Managing faults through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress.
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the internal end users satisfaction.
- · Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution.
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams.
- Sharing knowledge with team colleagues.
- Follow up on requests, deployments & incidents/issues and ensure proper timely closure.
- Provision workstation to new joiners, including format, setup, installing software on PC.
- As a backup personnel for online/backend system deployment support.
- Standby and provide off site support on critical problems and advisory service for internal end users.
Skills & Experience
- Familiar with working on Windows 10.
- Must be able to demonstrate an internal end users first approach to support.
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with internal end users representatives at all levels.
- Natural aptitude for troubleshooting & problem solving.
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required.
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
Closing on 20 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company