SGUnited Traineeship: Associate Site Reliability Engineer (9 months contract) #SGUnitedJobs
OVERSEA-CHINESE BANKING CORPORATION LIMITED
S$2500 - S$2500
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for establishing modern engineering practices to attain Service Reliability, Scalability & Maintainability. He/She will partner with application development team to release new products/features reliably to the customers in a faster pace and assist the IT operations team in achieving operational excellence.
1. Adapt the performance engineering best practices and help the team to drive the service/API profiling and analysing potential performance bottlenecks in the application code before its deployed to the UAT/Performance Testing Environment.
2. Partner with development team to fine tune the microservice pod size and ensure the adherence of gold-configuration tuneable parameters for microservices to be deployed in User Acceptance Testing/Performance Testing Environment.
3. Implement the performance benchmarking best practices for microservices and help the performance testing team to come up with Throughput, Latency, CPU & Memory benchmarking of microservices.
4. Maintain the Key Performance Indicator benchmarking & gold-configuration tuneable parameters worksheet and keep it updated in confluence page.
5. Assist senior Site Reliability Engineers in driving operational efficiency by developing scripts to automate various tasks as applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Good understanding of working of Microservices and Container Technology such as Kubernetes & Docker.
- Understanding of DevOps Tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence.
- Understanding of application monitoring and familiarity with anyone monitoring tool such as Prometheus/Wily/Dynatrace etc. will be a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in squad-based teams and understanding of Agile/Scrum software development approach
- Positive attitude towards continuous learning.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
As part of the application, you are required to also submit your online application via OCBC Careers for this position: https://ocbc.taleo.net/careersection/ocbc_exm/jobdetail.ftl?job=2000016P&tz=GMT%2B08%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FSingapore
Closing on 05 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company