Site Reliability Engineer
THE GREAT EASTERN LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
S$8000 - S$11000
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) combines software development and system engineering to build and run distributed solutions in a secured multi-tier heterogeneous environment to safeguard, provide and continuously improve the software and systems behind the organization’s cloud platform solutions.
· With a vigilant eye on their availability, latency, performance and capacity. Ultimately, you will view software as the primary tool to optimizing systems, building infrastructure and removing mundane work through automation.
· As part of Cloud Engineering Team, the SRE Engineer engages in and improves the full lifecycle of cloud platform solutions from design, deployment, operation and refinement with accuracy and in compliance with organization policies and security requirements.
· The SRE Engineer treats operations as a software problem and therefore will code to automate repetitive tasks and optimize cloud operations.
· Support services before go-live through activities like system design consulting, developing software platforms and launch reviews. Maintain post-live cloud operations by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health with any prompt and remediative actions.
· Scale sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve services/solutions, leveraging IaaS, CaaS and PaaS by pushing for changes that improves reliability and velocity.
· Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise. Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
· Work with open-source technologies, CI/CD, SCM tools as necessary, and source control such as Bitbucket, implement organization containers (e.g. Docker and Kubernetes). Stay current with industry trends and propose new ways for business improvements.
· Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
· Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
· Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
· Strong hands on experience with using and designing VMware solution such as NSX-T, vRealize Suite, vSphere/vCenter is mandatory.
· Strong working experience on patch management for operating systems and middleware is mandatory. Eg, Windows, RedHat, Websphere, Weblogic, MSSQL etc.
· Hands on experience with creation and maintenance of VMware server templating/blueprints such as RedHat, Windows server templates.
· Hands on experience with infrastructure-as-code, orchestration, configuration management and provisioning tools is mandatory.
· Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communications skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
· Strong experience in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment with strong appreciation of change/version control process and methodologies.
· Worked with DevOps and Automation tools (E.g. Selenium, SOAPUI, Bamboo, Jenkins, Ansible, Marvin, Github, Bitbucket, Nexus, Jira, Confluence etc).
· Must code, debug and optimize code and automate mundane tasks.
· Experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Batch, Powershell, YAML etc.
· Experience implementing distributed solutions in a secured multi-tier heterogeneous environment is mandatory.
· High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
· Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Closing on 15 May 2021orview more job listings from this company