Software Engineer Data Model, Executive Director (76993)
GOLDMAN SACHS SERVICES (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$20000
Seeking a data focused software engineer, to design and build highly scalable and resilient data solutions that will drive client insights, analytics and engagement. Liaise with business teams across the firm to understand client activities and create accurate and high quality data models for them. Drive towards consistent and easily accessible client information by developing to rigorous curation and quality standards.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design & develop modern data management tools to curate our most important data sets, models and processes, while identifying areas for process automation and further efficiencies
- Evaluate, select and acquire new internal & external data sets that contribute to business decision making
- Engineer streaming data processing pipelines
- Drive adoption of Cloud technology for data processing and warehousing
- Engage with data consumers and producers in order to design appropriate models to suit all needs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a team-focused environment
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline)
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills and experience in OO languages
- Experience or interest in functional programming languages
- Extensive experience in Java (Preferred), Python, C++, C#, Objective-C, or other OO languages
- Proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications
- Deep understanding of multidimensionality of data, data curation and data quality, such as traceability, security, performance latency and correctness across supply and demand processes
- In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- General knowledge of business processes, data flows and the quantitative models that generate or consume data
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with subject matter experts to extract critical business concepts
- Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
- Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
- Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
- Financial Services industry experience
- Experience in distributed system design
- Working knowledge of open-source tools such as Kafka, Spark
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Closing on 11 Nov 2021orview more job listings from this company