Software Engineer (Post Execution Ledgers), Associate (77476)
GOLDMAN SACHS SERVICES (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$7500 - S$15000
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Ledgers Engineering processes petabytes of data daily to manage post-execution functions for clients. Key functions include the movement of cash and security balances across client accounts, detection of anomalies, exposure management through margin and trading limits and monitoring balances
Ledgers Engineering manages the official sub ledger for clients in the firm which includes:
- Real-time posting of transactions, positions and cash balances
- Client statements and reporting
- Calculation of interest on cash balances
- Anomaly detection and exceptions workflow
Ledgers Engineering supports Global Markets business across all products (Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Futures, Credit Derivatives, Currencies, etc.) covering Institutional, Prime Brokerage and some Private Wealth Management clients. In addition, we continue to support the firm’s expansion onto new markets and regions such as Brazil, Russia, China, Korea, India.
Ledgers has also started a multi-year Engineering infrastructure plan to establish a common codeset and framework to support the growing demands of clients diversifying their trading onto complex strategies and instruments. Infrastructure changes include a redesign of the overall technical architecture in preparing for projected growth.
- Development on greenfield client deliverables and anomaly detection and workflow stack across the full project life-cycle including design, programming, code management and testing
- Contribute and engage with global development team to promote best practice and technical and functional development across applications and supported businesses
- Partner with business / operations teams for project planning and requirements analysis
- Hands on coverage and assistance to the support team for critical production issues
Day-to-day work in the Ledgers Engineering team involves participating in various projects of many sizes and complexities, from small one-person work-packages to large, global projects where an in-depth understanding of the firm’s business flows can be gained. Continuous on-the-job training will be provided to the successful candidate in the required business and technical aspects of the Ledgers area.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience working in a comparable environment
- Current hands on experience with object-oriented software development including methodologies and best practices
- Required technologies: Java, SQL, UNIX or Linux
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and sense of ownership
- Effective communication skills – experienced working with both technologists and business teams with an ability to communicate technical concepts in a business friendly way
- Comfortable working within a group that both welcomes and challenges new ideas
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Candidates should have a Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (Spark/Hadoop), ML technologies, UI/UX
- Background or experience in financial markets
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Closing on 07 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company