Splunk Engineer / Administrator (Ref: JT)
A-IT SOFTWARE SERVICES PTE LTD
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Contract, Full Time
S$5500 - S$5900
Splunk Engineer / Administrator
Splunk Engineer/Administrator will administer and manage our Splunk environment. This position will work closely with Infrastructure, Application, Network and Security teams to gather logs into Splunk.
- Grow and improve the enterprise Splunk environment by creating forwarder apps to ingest our data.
- Assist and provide expert best practices in adoption, expansion, additional use cases and in setting up Splunk.
- Involve in Splunk Administration, Architecture, Agent management, dashboard, reports and alerts.
- Assist with system upgrade planning and execution.
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the Splunk platform and future products.
- Support large-scale deployments with data feeds from multiple on premise data centers
- Monitor and maintain Splunk performance, availability, and capacity
- Develop reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom alerts and dashboards
- Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes for Splunk
- He/she may need to support other systems e.g. Enterprise monitoring tool, ID management tool, etc.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with SPLUNK
- Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment, including SaaS environments
- Knowledge of regular expressions
- Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments
- Experience with Python
- Experience with programming a plus
- Ability to be a Splunk language (SPL) expert
- Strong technical, analytic and problem solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong knowledge (recent experience) with the following technology: storage, servers, data centers, and cloud.
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Participate in user acceptance testing efforts as needed.
Closing on 11 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company