System Support Engineer DevOps
LUXOFT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$8000 - S$12500
- Information and Document Systems is a global technology change and delivery organization comprising nearly 200 individuals located mostly in Switzerland, Poland and Singapore. Providing global capturing and document processing, archiving and retrieval solutions to all business divisions focusing on supporting Legal, Regulatory and Operational functions. At the moment developing strategic greenfield project to build large-scale digital archive for documents and records, that will gradually replace all existing archiving solutions in the bank, and to build an operational document store, that should become a single point of truth for document workflows. The whole system must scale linearly, be fault-tolerant, and handle petabytes of data. Within our organization, you would be working on the Product Development project, with the SCRUM Teams consisting of Developers, DevOps, Business Analysts and Quality Analysts/Testers.
Technologies and frameworks used:
- Our program has implemented Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) with focus on sub-streams/projects working in SCRUM
- JIRA, Confluence, PPM tools, GitHub would be mostly used by you on a daily basis
- Event Driven Architecture with Kafka as event store and Kafka Streams for event streaming
- Reactive streams for streaming data over HTTP: Akka HTTP/Streams
- Non-blocking concurrency: Akka, Monix
- FP abstractions: Cats
- Responsibilities:We are looking for a qualified system engineer to join our brand-new support L2 team. The opportunity is for a hands-on System engineer who is keen keep to keep systems up and running. Role is for those who are keen to ensure that developed in a green-field mindset distributed Scala solution will be continuously providing services to our clients and ready to take responsibility for supporting uptime and fix downtimes.
Responsibilities would be related to the following aspects:
- work closely with senior engineers in order to find best possible technical solution for the project/available requirements
- support the production users and investigate issues in production when contacted by L3 or end-user support team
- experience using Nexus repository software
- 24/5 follow the sun service covering APAC & EMEA shifts
- working against a ticketing system with different priorities
- reporting key metrics
- post go live development of continuous improvement themes such as automation and whitelisting.
- improve developer experience and make it easy to do the right thing
- challenge team to follow the best practices, eliminate process waste
- troubleshoot production/infrastructure issues
- be keen to expand current Scala/Java
- Mandatory Skills:Bash-scripting
- Mandatory Skills Description:- Linux with strong bash scripting
- Ability to develop and automate solutions within build & deploy chain (everything as code)
- Experience with CI/CD toolset including Github, Jenkins, Nexus
- apply and advocate best practices in: automation, testing, deployment and security
- Self-starter, problem solving skills, positive attitude, willingness to learn
- Nice-to-Have Skills:- build tools - Gradle
- some Java Virtual Machine languages (eg. Scala)
- http servers (eg. Apache HTTP, nginx)
- GitHub integration
- monitoring tools (eg. AppDynamics, Splunk, syslog)
- containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- UBS ecosystem (Linux packaging/package verification, Elvis, GSNOW, PISA/Zflow, etc.
Closing on 16 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company