Technical Marketing Specialist
VALE INTERNATIONAL SA SINGAPORE BRANCH
Marketing / Public Relations
S$9000 - S$12000
• The position is responsible for developing and delivering a product portfolio that sustainably maximizes revenue for the Vale Coal business.
• The position is Coal Marketing’s sole representative for all matters that involve coal products and quality. This encompasses product development and defining specifications (temporary and long-term products for both coking coal and thermal coal grades), product valuation (VIU) for budget and pricing targets, building product-level marketing strategies, sales execution support and providing technical expertise to internal clients as well as to end-users.
• The position has a broad scope, focused on but not limited to: Customers and Sales team for technical support (all markets, globally); Long Term and Integrated Planning teams in Mozambique for product definition, product availability and cargo assembly; External laboratories worldwide as the contract manager of technical studies and research; Commercial team for establishing the Marketing Strategy.
• Responsible for the development of the Vale coal product portfolio in the long term to sustainably optimize the revenue stream for the Coal Business considering the highly complex geology, diverse coal quality and operational flexibility at Moatize.
• Manage the coal specifications for the commercial sale of Vale products (for annual contracts and for spot sales) to maximize price realization whilst minimizing quality-based risks such as contract penalties and rejection events.
• Analyze and interpret technical and statistical data quickly and efficiently, and communicate financial impact to management as it relates to coal pricing and the revenue stream (current or future).
• Build product by product technical sales strategies and review annually to maximize the value in use of Vale products.
• Engage with customers on relevant technical coal quality and product matters to promote Vale products for improved price realization and sale ability, especially through developing and executing Technical Collaboration Agreements directly with clients, and through leading technical missions to engage directly with client technical staff and procurement teams.
• Manage a Technical Marketing budget as well as the scoping, authorization and management of technical contracts and output of contractors/consultants for delivering the technical marketing research and studies.
• Manage the customer complaint process from evaluating root causes and identifying remedial actions in the mining and processing stages, preparing investigation reports suitable for customers, reviewing and recommending upon any financial compensation claims.
• Represent the company externally, including speaking at conferences and being the Coal Marketing representative during hosting of clients’ visit to Moatize mine and Nacala port, as well as travel to clients’ offices and steel mills, globally.
• Lead the development of the marketing strategy and tactical plans for current operations and future projects, e.g., optimal product plans, pricing and sales strategies, based on technical assumptions and trends, possible iron ore synergies, demand and supply fundamentals, etc. and interact productively between the Commercial and Operations areas to ensure full alignment of the activities to execute the Marketing strategy.
• Coach and mentor team members in technical matters to expand their personal / professional development.
• Establish and manage a network of internal and external relationships and information channels to allow the global coal business to have ready access to on time quality and reliable industry information.
• Liaise with relevant Operations and Logistics personnel to ensure adequacy of product to meet customer demands.
• Adhere to and promote safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
Closing on 25 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company