Technical Writer (12-month contractor)
PAYPAL PTE. LTD.
S$4000 - S$6000
The Tech writer applies his/her skills after development is complete. He/she should be able to:
- Write the user manual for Domain APIs, with advice from the developer.
- Document APIs, with familiarity with Swagger or a similar API tool.
- Document the platform or application for internal/external technical users. Individuals outside the platform org should be able to gain a full understanding of the platform or application from this documentation alone in a self-service manner.
- Write promotional material ( news letter/ Powerpoint or Keynote presentation) that describes the technical features of the platform or application.
The basic skills of a technical writer include the following:
- Possess a strong facility with the English language.
- Understand sentence structure: simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex.
- Have the knowledge to differentiate between an infinitive and a participle.
- Be able to name the three cases of English nouns (nominative, possessive, objective), know when each case is used, and give examples of each case.
- Understand the three degrees of adjectives (positive, comparative, and superlative) and describe how comparative and superlative differ.
- Understand how perfect tenses of verbs are different from regular tenses.
- Understand punctuation, for example, know when to use a semicolon.
- Understand how to apply numbered lists vs. bullet lists and how to use parallel grammatical structure for list items.
A technical writer can work more productively if he/she has related though peripheral knowledge in the following areas:
Good facility with:
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Numbers, Pages, and Keynote
- A graphics program such as Photoshop or Apple Preview
- Confluence or similar document management system.
- Markup languages such as HTML and XML
- Data interchange formats such as .csv
- Principles of writing UX strings
- Product development lifecycle including the rudiments of QA testing
- JIRA or similar ticketing system.
- Basic understanding of user interface design, especially affordances.
Closing on 20 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company