Technology & Cybersecurity Operational Risk Manager - VP- Singapore
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$20000
The Technology & Cybersecurity Operational Risk Manager has subject matter expertise in a specific technology processes or domains, performs independent risk assessments on specific technology either in use in the firm today or proposed. Provides subject matter expertise to independent technology risk assessments. Identifies areas of emerging technologies that introduce risk and may require control assessment. Understands third party risks as applied to technology. Provides values and insight to the JPMC technology organization’s risk management practices
CCOR Technology & Cybersecurity (“CCOR Tech & Cyber”) is a group within the Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk (CCOR) organization and is responsible for the design and oversight of the second line of defense independent risk management program for technology and cybersecurity risks, leveraging the Operational Risk Framework, regulatory guidance (e.g., FFIEC, Heightened Standards, etc.) and laws, rules, and regulations. CCOR Tech & Cyber is seeking a talented candidate for a position in our CCOR Tech & Cyber APAC team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform deep inspection of specific cybersecurity technologies in targeted processes or firm-wide evaluation.
- Keep abreast of current cybersecurity trends, vulnerabilities, and emerging technologies.
- Engage with technology teams to gain full understanding of cybersecurity technology and control environment.
- Perform significant event reviews (post mortems).
- Independently assess cybersecurity technology risk management and controls across the bank
- Coordination and key participation in the development of evolving or new cybersecurity risk position
- Participate in key portfolio governance forums
- BS/BA degree in computer science or equivalent experience. Relevant professional certification highly desired (e.g. CISSP)
- 5+ years’ experience in Cybersecurity controls across multiple areas (Vulnerability Management, Security Operations, Security Architecture and Design, Data Protection)
- Knowledge and experience with Information and Cybersecurity Risk Management standards and frameworks
- Working knowledge of and interest in current and emerging cybersecurity technologies
- Relevant experience focused on financial services highly desired
- Understanding of Line of Business processes or technology
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and the business processes they support and synthesize the corresponding risks and controls and recommend adjustments if required.
- Track record of collaboration and relationship building
- Proven ability to anticipate and identify risks and effective mitigants
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
- Adept at developing relationships with senior business executives with a reputation for partnering across organization lines to mitigate risks
- Highly disciplined, able to work with limited supervision, make independent decisions and challenging others, where appropriate
- Strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment.
Closing on 07 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company