Trading Infrastructure Support Engineer
SQUAREPOINT OPERATIONS PRIVATE LIMITED
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
S$7000 - S$10000
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With main investment offices in New York, London and Singapore, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
The Trading Infrastructure Support Engineer will be part of a highly talented team of support engineers responsible for ensuring high availability of Squarepoint’s mission critical services such Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Build & Deploy, Research and Trading. The candidate will be responsible for providing L1/L2 support across all services globally distributed across APAC, EMEA and AMER regions.
- Provide monitoring and L1/L2 support across all services and quickly react to any outages to maintain a highly available environment
- Quickly identify, analyze and correct alerts & issues and/or escalate to minimize trade flow impact and preempt outages
- Intensive interaction with trading community, external vendors, development and infrastructure teams
- Oversee automated processes, scheduled jobs and regular reports
- Manage users’ requests: track requests, review approvals, updates, resolution, closure, etc.
- Identify inefficiencies such as repetitive activities, manual processes and suboptimum tools/workflows to drive continuous improvements via automation, collaboration with internal and external teams.
- 2+ years of support experience a must
- Experience in Linux/Unix administration (RHEL/CentOS/OEL preferred)
- Proficiency in Python, Bash scripting
- Good working knowledge of storage and different storage protocols (nfs gpfs a plus)
- Experience with Infrastructure automation (Chef, Puppet or Ansible)
- Experience with Kafka or like messaging buses
- Experience with CICD tooling
- Experience with Monitoring infrastructure (ELK and Prometheus preferred)
- Database administration experience (MySql or PosgreSql preferred)
- Experience in container software administration (Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, GKE or Helm preferred)
- Working knowledge with TCP/IP, multicast, tcpdump, clocking (PTP, NTP)
- Ability to navigate network equipment command line
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- Highly organized, detailed, control oriented, enjoys solving problems and brings in a "take charge" attitude
- Strong verbal/written communication skills required to support daily interaction with internal teams, external vendors and service providers
- Self-motivated individual that takes initiatives and has an ownership & accountability mindset
- Must show the ability to make quick decisions and establish priorities in a multi-tasking & fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of ITIL is an advantage.
Please apply via: https://www.squarepoint-capital.com/job#2196565
Closing on 10 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company