Trainee (SMTA –Financial Sup Methods) #SGUnitedTraineeships
MONETARY AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Banking and Finance
S$2310 - S$3000
• Assist in developing and enhancing supervisory methodologies and practices, in particular in the area of culture and conduct supervision. This is a developing area, where there is opportunity to contribute and shape how MAS assesses and monitors financial institutions’ culture. Work involves doing literature research and jurisdiction and environment scanning.
• Enhancing supervisors’ ability to analyse and assess both quantitative and qualitative data. Emphasis is placed on understanding the analytics to be performed and how the output could be used to identify emerging trends and concerns, hotspots and potential vulnerabilities in the financial system or specific financial institutions, and translating these to more timely interventions and pre-emptive supervision. To be involved in projects that improves internal reporting and dashboarding.
• Proactive and self-motivated, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Clarity of thought and ability to apply critical thinking skills when developing or enhancing supervisory methodologies.
• Comfortable in working with data, with a keen understanding on how the data can be used to facilitate supervisory monitoring.
• Basic knowledge in finance and accounting (e.g. able to interpret financial statements).
• Basic knowledge in computing (e.g. Python, R, and/or other programming languages), statistics and data analytics will be a plus
Closing on 19 May 2021orview more job listings from this company