Trainee Broker (Dry Bulk)
SIMPSON SPENCE YOUNG
Logistics / Supply Chain
S$2800 - S$4000
Simpson Spence Young is the world's largest independent shipbroker and operates from 23 offices across the globe and employs over 400 people. We have experts and teams working in long established areas of shipbroking; dry cargo chartering, tanker chartering, ship sale and purchase, chemical, gas, agency and towage sectors and a highly respected research department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities would include negotiating and fixing of ships
- Drawing up full recap upon fixing the deal
- Develop new customer base whilst building strong relationship with existing customers.
- Provide market updates and research for clients
- Maintain a close dialogue with the community (traders, charterers, shipowners, analysts, reporters) in order to develop an astute sense of the market
Attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Articulate with good inter-personal skills.
- Business Development
- Possess strong communication skills and customer oriented.
- ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and demanding working environment
- Able to work independently
- Self-motivated and driven
- Able to speak mandarin would be a plus
Closing on 18 Sep 2021orview more job listings from this company