Transaction Banking Operations, Product Services & Implementation, Associate (81549)
GOLDMAN SACHS SERVICES (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$7500 - S$15000
Transaction Banking Operations is part of Transaction Banking within the Investment Banking Division. We are responsible for building, developing and supporting Goldman Sachs’ Transaction Banking offering that is delivering a range of treasury and cash management products to our corporate client base. Transaction Banking Operations provide essential risk management and controls architecture to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We are seeking to recruit an individual to manage our Transaction Banking Operations team in Tokyo with primary oversight of the local Client Services function. The group provides support for the multiple product offerings that we have or are in the process of rolling out including Deposits, Escrow, Virtual Integrated Accounts, and Global Payments capabilities.
The ideal candidate will possess experience of leading operational support of transaction banking products and services. Key client-facing responsibilities will include managing client on-boarding, account opening, exceptions resolution, handling of client inquiries and most importantly – ensuring an exceptional client experience.
As a founding member of the team, the candidate will be integral to delivering for our clients every day while also partnering with Product, Digital, Sales, and Engineering to build out the next generation capabilities in Transaction Banking. The candidate will also be expected to work with federation partners such as Compliance and Legal in representing the business to external stakeholders such as regulators.
Transaction Banking Operations is focussed on building and delivering our brand new Transaction Banking businesses and supporting the suite of new Transaction Banking Services we are offering clients, whilst adapting to the rapidly changing payment landscape.
Our organisation is the first line of defence for control and governance to protect both clients’ and the firm’s financial assets; and to provide a differentiated, best- in-class client service. Transaction Banking Operations Services is a growing sub-division, with regional presence in Singapore, Bengaluru, London, New York, Dallas and soon Tokyo. All our offices work closely together as a single global team in support of our Transaction Banking business. As this business expands we will look to increase our global footprint from both a team size and location perspective.
We manage a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around client service (client on-boarding, first line client support), client implementation, cash management (including: payment controls, bank account management, virtual account management, cash concentration, payment formatting /settlement, reconciliation and claims), transaction support (FX Payment, Escrow, Money Market and Term Deposits), regulatory requirements, industry trends and change management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work as part of a Global Transaction Banking Operations team to deliver client service excellence as we build, launch, deliver and evolve a suite of new Transaction Banking products for our Corporate Clients.
- Work with the global team to establish, develop, monitor and manage the control architecture that allows us to deliver this growing suite of Transaction Banking Services.
- Join TxB initiatives in delivering major TxB products and services delivery.
- Be client service excellence, control and solution orientated oriented as we build, launch, deliver and evolve a suite of new Transaction Banking products for our Clients.
- Partner with TxB engineering in identifying opportunity to automate testing. Lead testing automation effort to continuously reduce manual testing effort & increase testing quality
- Support our new Client Implementation functions globally, responsibilities including but not limited to manage large implementation project planning and reporting, collaborate with other teams in TxB to establish digital connectivity with clients, complete internal products & services configuration, support client testing in non-production and production environment.
- Be the voice and advocate for client need and share feedback with TxB internal teams to influence the TxB products & services road map.
- Engage with senior leadership and federation partners in representing the business in external industry forums.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of professional and relevant experience
- Experience in participating the software development life cycle in Agile methodology as BA or SME
- Experience in enhancing and improving processes
- Proficient in self-directed function management with a focus on risk management and client support
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Experience of FX, Transaction Banking Client or Payment Servicing preferred
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills and desire to enhance and improve processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage Global Stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and exercise judgement in making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate potential in ability to oversee processes and potentially people
- Good understanding of either the FX business including FX Payments or of International Payment Servicing or Transaction Banking Account Management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Closing on 19 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company