Vice President, Asia Pacific General Casualty Division
ALLIED WORLD ASSURANCE COMPANY, LTD
Permanent, Full Time
S$12000 - S$19000
Managing the General Casualty Hong Kong team and working with the Head of General Casualty, Asia Pacific to establish the strategic direction of the department. Your responsibilities will include meeting projected profitability, GWP and expense goals, implementing proper underwriting guidelines, providing technical guidance, assistance and training to lower level associates, and marketing and servicing of existing and potential insureds across both direct and facultative reinsurance business.
Duties and Responsibilities
To oversee the team’s overall performance and suggest/introduce changes to the respective business model, as appropriate, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Referral point for deviations from the underwriting guidelines (within your respective authority)
- Referral point for Hong Kong underwriters (within your respective authority)
- Implementation and maintenance of underwriting guidelines, systems and procedures, including oversight, management and use of policy forms and endorsements.
- Develop account pricing and underwriting recommendation for referrals that are outside authority.
- Work with Head of General Casualty, Asia Pacific to develop and maintain product forms and endorsement libraries.
- Adhere to corporate policy issuance guidelines.
- Develop and oversee the department’s account pricing and rating tools
- Liaise with the actuarial department to develop premium benchmarking and pricing models as required.
- Ensure department maintains underwriting files in an orderly manner and in accordance with the underwriting guidelines
- Strategic and financial planning, budgeting and weekly premium projections
- Comply with Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) guidelines and introduce related internal controls, as necessary
- Maintain active role, working in concert with the Head of General Casualty, Asia Pacific, in the placement of the department’s treaty.
- Management of the General Casualty Hong Kong staff, delegation of duties and special projects, performance and salary reviews, training and development.
- Liaise with Actuarial, Claims, IT, Accounting and other AW departments, as necessary to best manage General Casualty Hong Kong’s Profit and Loss.
- Attend client/broker meetings and business development activities as required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Requirement
· Degree qualified, preferably in Engineering discipline
· At least 12 years’ of underwriting experience in the Commercial General Insurance sector in areas including but not limited to public and products liability, comprehensive general liability, employees’ compensation, work injury compensation act, product recall and umbrella liability in multiple jurisdictions
· Proven track record managing a profitable portfolio of complex casualty risks in the Hong Kong & Asia markets, especially Japan, Korea & Taiwan
· Significant experience managing an underwriting team
· Significant market knowledge, and established relationships with brokers and other intermediaries, preferably in both direct and reinsurance space.
· Strong fundamentals in underwriting principles, pricing, knowledge of policy wordings, portfolio analysis and management, and team management.
· Self-starter - ability to think creatively and innovatively about product development and distribution
· Able to work independently while also being able to work in conjunction with other functional departments
Closing on 28 May 2021orview more job listings from this company