THE CHINA NAVIGATION COMPANY PTE. LTD.
S$6000 - S$9000
Manage the day to day operations of the Swire Projects Fleet chartered vessels (at sea and in port) with strong focus on the parcel trades ex Far East & South East Asia, ensure the delivery of service excellence to all customers and stakeholders, and positioning Swire Projects as the partner of choice from an operations perspective.
- Liaise and partner with Chartering, ship management, shipboard staff, customers and outside vendors including port agents, terminals and other related authorities to ensure a safe voyage and the most cost and time efficient vessel operation
- Understand and administer the terms of charter parties in order to optimize financial returns within its parameters
- Nominate port agents
- Provide and convey timely voyage instructions to the vessels
- Communicate regularly to agents, stevedores etc
- Manage the preparation of cargo documents
- Provide regular update on voyage operations to charterers
- Request and manage proforma / final / supplementary disbursement accounts through DA Desk
- Procure bunker fuel
- Arrange time charterer’s liability insurance through working with Insurance and Claims Dept (based on Cyprus)
- Maintain vessel status in IMOS, including issuing invoices, preparing laytime calculations, rebilling of owners’ expenses, updating voyage costs, on a timely basis
- Calculate and order bunkers – liaise with Master;
- Order bunkers in line with cash flow and split bunkers – liaise with Finance Manger;
- Maintain bunker consumption database with Arrival, Departure and Noon reports for liner vessels;
- Update bunker price register;
- Update and maintain bunker order report database;
- Update bunker forecast weekly for finals;
- Calculations for eco speed/RPM and liaise with Chartering/Trade & Master
- Assist with claims when Claims Manager absent
- Take responsibility for the safety of myself and those around me by displaying safety leadership principles (i.e. Safety I’s & Accountability ladder).
- Challenging and stopping unsafe acts and behaviours or unsafe conditions.
- Comply with the Global Safety Standards, Polices and Operating Procedures.
Key Qualifications & Skills
Qualifications & Technical Skills
- Min Diploma in a related discipline from a reputed school
- Previous seagoing experience as a Master Mariner or Chief Engineer (not mandatory)
- Clear understanding of Far East & South East Asian Parcel trade patterns and counterparties involved
- IMOS and SEDNA experience
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in land based dry bulk and project shipping operations with a Dry Bulk or MPP/Project owner/carrier, projects operator cargo charterer or port agency, with strong knowledge of commercial, technical, operational, legal aspects of the sector
- Good relationships in the local dry bulk and projects community, strategic perspective and ability to grow relationships
- Good communication skills
- Results orientated with analytical skills
- Customer focused for win-win outcomes
- Integrity in all transactions and relationships
Closing on 03 Nov 2021orview more job listings from this company