Metta Welfare Association
The Metta Welfare Association (Metta) was founded in 1992 by Venerable Shi Fa Zhao, Abbot of the Golden Pagoda Buddhist Temple. He is also the President and Abbot of the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum.
Registered as a charity in 1994, Metta is presently endorsed by the Ministry of Social and Family Development, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education. We are also members of the National Council of Social Service, Singapore Hospice Council and Singapore Disability Sports Council.
Compassionate love to share
Brightens hope to those we care
Mission & Objectives
- To provide accessible and affordable medical care to the less fortunate – home hospice care for the terminally ill and day rehabilitative services for elderly and stroke patients
- To provide disability care, respite care, residential care and training for the intellectually disabled
- To provide special education and training for children with mild intellectual disability and/or autism
- To provide community care services for the elderly, students and children
- To develop and provide such forms of medical care and welfare services as required by the community