#SGUnitedJob Engineer/ Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Data Centre Operation
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the Data Centres (DC), networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernisation of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
This role is responsible for the DC management and operations to ensure a highly resilient and secured hosting environment for the whole-of-Government’s and agencies’ ICT services.
This requires envisioning future DCs and services to support whole-of-Government business requirements and strategy.
What to Expect:
Participate in the planning, design, tendering and implementation of new government DCs.
Lead and manage a team of DC support personnel on operations and maintenance of the government DC facilities.
Plan and review DC hosting capacity and Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) infrastructure to meet future demands.
Manage and review physical security operation to comply with policies and preparedness of emergency responses.
Participate in the service engagement with agencies to understand and meet their DC hosting needs.
Continually review and improve data centre processes, policies and hosting engagement workflow.
Manage migration and decommissioning of the government DCs.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and industrial best practices.
Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or related disciplines, with minimum 5 years of experience in managing
- DC facilities and operations. Non-degree holder may be considered with strong relevant working experience in the relevant DC industry
- Proven experience in developing design specifications, performing technology assessment and conceptual sizing, conduct security TVRA, tendering and implementation of DCs with TIA942-Rated 3 resiliency level is preferred.
- Proven experience in data centre operations and maintenance of the M&E facilities, audit on compliance with standard and certification such as TIA942, SS564 or equivalent.
- Proven experience in IT operations either in an external IT service provider organisation or internal IT department within an organisation will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience with Building Automation System and DCIM tools such as Johnson Control Metasys, Schneider StruxureWare etc.
- Strong technical skills with working knowledge on security Threat Vulnerability Risk Assessment (TVRA) and critical infrastructure protection in relation to protective security measures and systems.
- Good knowledge of data centre technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and industrial best practices
- Recommended Qualifications:
- Certified Data Centre Facility Operation Manager or equivalent
- Certified Data Centre Specialist or equivalent
- ITIL V4 Foundation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences and senior management
Closing on 24 May 2021