#SGUnitedJob Infrastructure Engineer, Data Security
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government ICT Infrastructure Services (“Services”) to Government agencies and their public officers through empowering the public officers to self-help, acquire and use these Services more easily and seamlessly, thereby improving their overall user experience of the Services.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centres, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
As an Infrastructure Engineer (Data Security), you will be responsible in primarily implementing and running DLP solutions and developing integration requirements with existing systems. Working alongside with business owners, you will also participate in technical implementation of DLP based on service design, incident monitoring and management as well as integrating the DLP logs with existing SIEM solution.
What to Expect:
- Scan technology landscape on data security solutions, identify and recommend potential technologies updates/enhancement of the existing Government data security solution.
- Participate in POCs and vendor engagements to validate technologies feasibility and viability to business
- Develop technical write-ups to help in understanding the technology, market position, possible use cases of its use in the government environment
- Develop architectural concepts for the adoption of the technologies
- Involve in the tender process to implement the technologies and solution according to governing standards and policies
- Operationalize DLP technologies and work with incident response teams to build alert response procedures for DLP program
- Manage external vendors and contractors to timely deliver and implement the technologies or solutions for Government use
- Develop standards and guides for adopters of the technology or products/services leveraging these technologies
- Work with policy developers to evolve our policies to enable the adoption and promulgation of the emerging technologies
- Engage key stakeholders to understand their needs and concerns, develop well balanced positions of the technologies to address them, address escalated issues or conflicts, participate in platforms such as meetings with the management and manage senior leadership team of vendors to ensure GovTech and the government’s interests are protected and furthered
How to Succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology preferred
- Good experience in On-Premise DLP and Cloud CASB solutions design and implementation. It will be an added advantage for direct working experience on Network DLP integration to product such as Microsoft Exchange.
- Knowledge of data classification solutions
- Good working experience in designing business workflow for DLP incident monitoring and management
- Experience in DLP solutions’ logs integration with SIEM tools for the purpose of monitoring and incident management
- Experience with Cloud Service Provider such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
- Experience with integration of CASB solution with Microsoft Office 365 and other SaaS solutions such as SalesForce, ServiceNow and Workday.
- Passion for technology advancement is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to create concepts and frameworks to represent the use technologies, influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- Strong technical implementation and management skills and able to apply both business and technical insights to the project assignment
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
Closing on 24 May 2021