#SGUnitedJobs Data Engineering (Visualisation)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Engineering, Public / Civil Service
As a Data Engineer in GovTech’s Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Division, you will be involved in managing and running visualization and analytics platforms that support agencies across the Whole-of-Government. You will assist to establish and implement effective operational workflows, procedures and best practices in accordance with government infrastructure and security policies to ensure that the platforms are monitored, secure, available and reliable.
We are looking for an independent and motivated engineer who has experience in both small and large-scale analytics platform projects, and in building and maintaining the infrastructure.
What to Expect:
• Architect and design Tableau Server and similar data visualisation platforms for performance, high reliability
• Be responsible on the IT Operations such as (but not limited to):
o Maintain and optimize servers and software
o Devices, equipment and access management
o Data backup and system security operations
o Manage assets and inventory tracking
o Liaise and manage vendors and engineers for installations/replacements, upgrades and configuration of hardware, software and patches.
o Perform integration of dashboard platforms with various data sources
o Perform troubleshooting when systems are down
o Provide 1st-2nd tier IT support to users.
o Patch and maintain servers and software
o Maintain and update operational documents
o Monitor and track usage of the server and software
o Performance tuning of server and software
o Integrate software with other data platforms, data sources, map sources and systems via data pipelines
o Ensure the managed platforms are secure, available and reliable and comply to government security requirements
• Providing advice to users who have trouble with creating, publishing, accessing or viewing of dashboards
• Assist in evaluating new hardware and software for technical refresh.
How to Succeed:
• Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related disciplines
• Tableau Administrator certification is preferred
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of installation, configuration, hardening; and highlight relevant experience in performance tuning, troubleshooting of any visualization platform
• Experience in integrating platforms and systems via data pipelines to data and map sources
• Minimum 2 years of experience in IT Operations or technical deployment works is preferred
• Experience in government systems and government procurement processes will be a bonus
Closing on 24 May 2021