#SGUnitedJobs Deputy Director, ICT Infrastructure Strategy Planning
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Government Infrastructure Group (GIG)
Our team is responsible for the Whole of Government (WoG) infocomm infrastructure. We use technology to architect and engineer an agile infrastructure that is cost effective, secure and resilient, enabling Digital Government for Singapore.
What do we do
- WoG Infrastructure Planning – We formulate WoG infrastructure strategy and roadmap, develop prototypes on new technologies, establish technology standards and best practices to guide design and implementation of information systems that support the enterprise infrastructure.
- Future Workplace - We look at technology, people, culture, policies & processes, and physical environment, to provision a secure, predictive and always-on platform that provide positive user experience, and enable public officers to access work resources anywhere and anytime.
- Cloud First – We leverage innovative technologies on Cloud and SaaS to architect, design, build and deploy “fit for purpose” Cloud and Datacentre hosting environments and common platform services that is scalable, resilient, secure, cost effective, and meet evolving business requirements, allowing Government Agencies to accelerate and develop modern applications and services.
- ICT Infrastructure Transformation – We modernise & automate central ICT infrastructure using latest technology and best practices to deliver secure and utility-based essential services to WoG, so that Government Agencies function efficiently and seamlessly.
- Infrastructure Capability Centre – We are the Infrastructure Capability Centre to build both depth and scale of ICT engineering know-how for the WoG in critical infrastructure domains. We are the innovation and technical arm advancing infrastructure technology experimentation, prototype development as well as uplift the infrastructure capability of the public service through consultancy and training.
You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for the following:
- Supporting senior management in framing and formulating narrative and strategies, piecing and translating technical plans and programmes and ensuring that overall strategic policies and directions are coherent
- Identifying trends and emerging issues that impact our strategies and, where necessary, making recommendations on alternative courses of action to our senior management
- Formulating plans, initiatives, programmes and measures to support implementation of our strategies, including risk management
- Presenting findings and recommendations to senior management and stakeholders to get buy-in, improve on strategies and plans
How to Succeed:
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and organisational abilities
- Demonstrated analytical abilities to think laterally, and navigate quickly through a broad range of subject matters
- Critical and creative thinking, plus a good understanding of the policy environment
- Ability to understand the policy environment and enhance it by seeding insights about the future, including looking at policies from a macro level and understanding inter-linkages
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skill
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, with ability to make complex subjects understandable to c-suite level stakeholders
- Flexibility to work on a number of projects and able to balance workload
- Ability to appreciate and understand technology and trends
- At least 12 years of working experience, preferably with 4 years experience in relevant fields such as strategic planning, risk management, research and analysis, or strategy development
Closing on 17 Aug 2021