#SGUnitedJobs DevOps Engineer (ACE)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. We are a team in GovTech that aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies better serve the needs of Singaporeans. We adopt an Agile development approach and work towards adopting tech best practices and cutting edge tools.
We are seeking a highly motivated individuals skilled in DevOps to join us for some exciting projects. You’ll work with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and business experts to create solutions that exist in both digital and physical realms.
As we launch new products, your role will be to ensure that the future of public service is not just functional, but delightful to use. Rather than work on commercial ventures commonly found in the startup scene, we're here to improve how we live as a society through what we can offer as a government.
What to expect:
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments. Providing DevOps architecture implementation and operational support
- Architecture and planning for cloud deployments (Private and Public cloud);
- Be an innovative and hands-on DevOps engineer capable of looking at both the technology and strategy around the platform.
- Future-proofing the technical environments and ensuring extremely high levels of automation, availability, scalability and resilience.
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments. Manage processes, automation, best practices, documentation.
- Development and operation of continuous integration and deployment pipelines. Monitoring automation to effectively detect/predict/prevent issues in the environment and code base.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Working with the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding and mentoring, usually in a pair programming environment
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and configurations.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications or other related disciplines.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Devops automation, containerisation and orchestration using tools like Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible and Docker
- Cloud computing deployment and management experience - AWS
- Understand/practice Agile projects
- Strong understanding of networking
- Experience with highly scalable distributed systems
- Breadth of knowledge - OS, networking, distributed computing, cloud computing
Closing on 02 Jul 2021