#SGUnitedJobs Distinguished Engineer - Cybersecurity
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Government is taking a more integrated approach to lay the foundation infrastructure, and drive pervasive adoption of digital and smart technologies throughout the economy and society. One of Cyber Security Group (CSG)’s main efforts in securing the Government, is to provide insights to Agencies about both innovative and emerging cybersecurity technologies, which could be used to enhance cybersecurity for digitalisation projects and DevOps environments.
As a Distinguished Engineer- Cybersecurity, you will be responsible for helping to shape the direction of the organization; working with the various teams, senior leaders and partners to influence technology roadmaps and the adoption of new technologies across the enterprise. In addition, you will teach, mentor, and grow other domain experts within the organization by connecting teams to one another in a spirit of collaboration and champion opportunities to make teams more effective.
What to Expect
- You would be providing a roadmap for Singapore’s vision on Cybersecurity for CSG, and advocating a positive team culture.
- Providing technical analysis, address security issues/ vulnerabilities, integrating IT systems development with security policies and information protection strategies
- Conduct cybersecurity technology landscape scanning, and providing efficacy and applicability assessment for selected cybersecurity technologies that are applicable for Cloud, DevOps, privacy etc.
- Develop a strategic sense of key organisations, software and hardware tools, methodologies, and best practices in Cybersecurity.
- Evaluate new technologies against established requirements and validate the security of the technology with proof of concepts (PoC)
- Direct and oversee long term research projects, along with short-term production-driven model iterations.
- Provide an expert perspective and help shape GovTech’s related strategy and initiatives.
- Be the technical ambassador/ subject matter expert for the organization and demonstrate field of expertise by writing internal blogs or publish white papers.
How to Succeed
- PhD degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems/ Engineering or relevant area with 12 years of experience in corporate or academic research, or Master’s / Bachelor’s degree with 15-20 years of experience in the above mentioned fields/ research and development.
- Strong knowledge and experience with security control requirements, technology processes, security policies, risk measurements, and best practices.
- Experience with Cybersecurity strategy development and designing implementation of cybersecurity policies and management framework.
- Compelling contributions in the area of Cybersecurity through new technology developments and research.
- In-depth and hands-on knowledge in security practices, with proven technical knowledge in Cybersecurity technologies (TIPS, SIEM, SOAR, VA, GRC, etc), and standards (AWASP and MITRE ATT&CK framework, etc)
- Excellent technical competencies include, but not limited to: CI/CD tools, micro-services architecture, design patterns, Cloud Services architecture, technical design and implementations, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Competent working in an agile environment and deploying security and automation solutions in cloud environment.
- Possess team management experience and able to work independently.
- Key influencer with proven expertise developing complex security systems from architecture to implementation
Closing on 01 May 2021