#SGUnitedJobs Head, Government IT Security Incident Response
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government IT Security Incident Response (GITSIR) team aims to support the IT Security Incident Framework for the Government. It serves as a primary point of contact for all security incidents in the Government and serves as a central interface for coordinating with external parties such as government agencies, external organisations, Internet Service Providers and law enforcement.
As the Head of Government IT Security Incident Response, you will play an instrumental role to lead and manage GITSIR team under the Government Cyber Defence (GCD) of Cyber Security Group (CSG). In order to achieve prompt and efficient response to cyber security incidents, you will oversee the day to day operations of incident response and investigation, and explain the key facts and findings to stakeholders including senior management.
What to Expect:
- Provide technical assistance and advisories on pertinent cyber security threats
- Assess the situation, update and provide recommendations to stakeholders
- Perform in-depth investigation to determine the root cause of a security incident
- Streamline workflow to reduce manual effort for incident response and investigation
- Plan and prioritise key areas to work on for the team including maintain and be well informed on both current and future ICT security trends and technologies.
- Expand and deepen knowledge in performing incident response, forensic investigation, malware analysis, threat intelligence and threat hunting to build competencies in performing investigation and analysis
- Oversee the implementation of new projects, enhancement of current projects or provision of incident response requirements to major projects
- Manage staff performance and optimisation of resources
- Able to coach and mentor staff and identify high potential talent to enhance their performance
- Able to handle employee relation issues and provide staff with development opportunities to test and expand their capabilities
How to Succeed:
- Bachelor Degree or Master in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, IT or post graduate diploma in IT Experience
- Minimum 15 years in IT security with experience in incident response and investigation, operation management, security events management, etc. inclusive of 5 years in management role.
- Broad knowledge of the ICT industry, both current as well future ICT security trends and technologies
- Knowledge of adversary tools and techniques such as malwares, bruteforce attacks, buffer overflows, phishing, DNS poisoning, SQL injection, cross-site scripting
- Ability to assess security threats and vulnerabilities against the potential impact
- Knowledge of security architectures and designs including security devices (e.g. firewall, IPS, proxy, VPN) and web applications (e.g. web server, content management system, database)
- Familiarity with good security practices and policies as well as file systems such as FAT32, NTFS, EXT4
- Ability to manage complex and large scale security incidents
- Ability to provide directions on incident response activities and coordinate communications within the team
- Possess strong leadership and management skills including investigative skills to determine the root cause of a security incident
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Singapore citizen only
Closing on 08 Jul 2021