#SGUnitedJobs Infrastructure Engineer, Endpoint Management
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centers, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong cloud background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible to manage Whole of Government (WOG) Endpoint Management at an enterprise level. He / She will be responsible to design, build, deploy and maintain the unified endpoint management services, with specialization in mobility services and Microsoft Office 365 services for the Government. He / She shall adopt the latest technology, best practices and ensure operations function efficiently and seamlessly. This includes in-depth understanding, deployment and testing of endpoints such as unified endpoint management solutions (MAM, MDM), Office 365, Active directory, Active Directory Federated services and windows security and related technology. He / She will work closely with the Infrastructure and Security Team, Government Agencies and external vendors.
What to expect:
- Engage stakeholder(s) to recommend and justify new initiatives, and work on the conceptualisation, design, procurement, implementation, deployment of the initiatives.
- Lead and work with service providers and product principals to manage the endpoint management services and ensure efficient operations management and timely incident and problem resolution.
- Define policies and procedures related to Endpoint Management.
- Perform infrastructure assessment and make recommendations for enhanced user experience; system improvements; and security control.
- Review infrastructure documentation for compliance to Government Policies.
- Manage third party vendors on project implementation delivery.
- Familiarity with use of Agile methodology for implementations.
- Strong Technical competency and experience in the following:
- Various OS platforms such as Windows 10, MacOS, ChromeOS, iOS and Android;
- Light-touch enrollment such as Windows Auto-Pilot, Android Zero-touch, Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment (KME), Chrome Enterprise Management and Apple Device Enrolment Program;
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools such as Intune, AirWatch, JamF and alternate MDM management solutions;
- Mobile Device Data Containment such as Samsung Knox, Apple Data Containment;
- Endpoint Protection and Mobile Threat Protection tools such as Symantec, McAfee, TrendMicro;
- Understanding of the imaging process for custom images to be deployed across a network and able to articulate the value of different image and provisioning approaches;
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools such as MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit), System Center Orchestrator, USMT (User State Migration Tool), Autopilot, etc;
- Knowledge on building task sequences for the operating system deployment; and
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure – VDI.
How to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Track record in delivering and implementation of technical solutions.
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and as a good team player with analytical, management and planning skills.
- Keen interest in technology exploration, conduct Proof of Concept, research and test emerging technologies.
- Good written and verbal communication, with the ability to present and communicate effectively with non-technical audience.
- Relevant experience in the following:
- Network and Internet concepts (e.g., firewalls, load balancers, Web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, etc.); and
- Cloud service providers such as Azure, AWS and Google.
Closing on 19 Jul 2021