#SGUnitedJobs Lead/Senior Product Manager, CODEX
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$6000 - S$10000
GovTech is seeking for a seasoned technical product manager to support the product architecture and management of CODEX (Core Operations Development Environment and xChange) platform. CODEX is a strategic national project and the CODEX platform presents a huge opportunity to rationalise and consolidate a federated agency hosting and infrastructure through modern cloud architecture implementation and the modernising of Government applications through adoption of agile development practices.
The role is expected to leverage and work closely with the engineering teams to deliver the Singapore Tech Stack (SGTS) and Government Commercial cloud (GCC). Establish deep collaboration with the product development groups and play an active role in developing the product roadmap for CODEX. Particularly, this role will focus on the product definition of GCC offering to agencies and their vendors.
Besides working with internal teams, the incumbent is expected to experiment with third-party tools both open-source and commercial, and partner with solution providers in evaluating commercial Tech Stack components and capabilities, mapping out integration plans and institutionalising the processes and practices.
- Create and manage an efficient and agile product development process within and across functions
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and inspire team members through personal vision and following a scientific approach to innovation
- Provide technical leadership in driving scalable CODEX product roadmap across complex, multi-disciplinary engineering capabilities, in partnership with CODEX director
- Define a CODEX product area strategy and vision, that would scale to a large product over time.
- Establish external technology and product partnerships
- Understand developers and business management needs and explore emerging tools and techniques that can meet the needs
- Write user stories that address customer needs, with success criteria defined upfront
- Work closely with technical leads and their teams to smoothen the prioritization and stories grooming
- Partner with internal engineering teams such as architects, developers, engineers to ensure product is delivered with an acceptable quality and in a timely manner and mitigate potential risks across functions ahead of time
- Analyze the outcome to acquire learnings to feedback across multiple products into the next iteration
- Live the CODEX vision internally and externally, sharing with key stakeholders the vision and drive adoption of the CODEX product with engineers and agencies stakeholders
The role offers a unique opportunity to create pathway for success for Singapore and its citizens and residents.
How to Succeed:
A proven technical product leader with a track record of building, leading and nurturing complex products with complex and rapidly evolving technology changes. Possess deep technical competence and strong acumen, with the ability to balance proactive, strategic thinking with crisp execution and delivery. Critical competencies required but are not limited to:
- Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Experience launching a product end-to-end, internally or externally
- Strong business acumen to understand different business to customer models
- Experience setting high level vision and translating into a product/technology roadmap
- Consistent ability to rally large, cross-functional team to execute against roadmap to meet objectives
- Grow and coach product skillset within team
- In-depth understanding of business and technological decision trade-off to make the right call and to provide advice
- Exhibit strong empathy to understand developer needs as well as sound understanding of business implications and outcomes
- Excellent analytical skills with broad knowledge of business and analytical tools and techniques
- Strong communications across all levels and different job functions
- Past or current practitioner of agile software development, including experience in some of the relevant areas such as CI/CD, DevOps, Microservice, TDD/BDD
- Broad awareness and experience on cloud service offerings
Closing on 02 Jun 2021