#SGUnitedJobs Product Manager, CODEX (Cloud)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$6000 - S$10000
GovTech is seeking for a technical product manager to support the product architecture and management of CODEX (Core Operations Development Environment and xChange) platform. CODEX is a strategic national project and the CODEX platform presents a huge opportunity to rationalise and consolidate a federated agency hosting and infrastructure through modern cloud architecture implementation and the modernising of Government applications through adoption of agile development practices.
The role is expected to leverage and work closely with the engineering teams to deliver the Singapore Tech Stack (SGTS) and Government Commercial cloud (GCC). Establish deep collaboration with the product development groups and play an active role in developing the product roadmap for CODEX. a Particularly, this role will work with the lead product manager to focus on aspects of the product definition of GCC offering to agencies and their vendors.
Besides working with internal teams, the incumbent is expected to experiment with third-party tools both open-source and commercial, and interface with solution providers when evaluating commercial Tech Stack components and capabilities.
- Manage and sustain an efficient and agile product development process with the engineering team
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset and a scientific approach to innovation
- Exercise technical leadership, as appropriate, to drive scalable design across multi-disciplinary engineering capabilities
- Define CODEX product plans for a specific set of features
- Communicate with external technology and product partners
- Understand developers needs and explore emerging tools and techniques that can meet the needs
- Write user stories that address customer needs, with success criteria defined upfront
- Work closely with technical internal teams including engineering and development to prioritize user stories and groom them
- Partner with internal engineering teams such as architects, developers, engineers to ensure product is delivered with an acceptable quality and in a timely manner
- Analyze the outcome to acquire learnings to feedback into the specific product features in the next iteration
- Share CODEX vision opportunistically and help drive use of CODEX product with engineers and agencies stakeholders
The role offers a unique opportunity to create pathway for success for Singapore and its citizens and residents.
How to Succeed:
An experienced technical product manager, ideally with experience in various part of the product lifecycle management. Possess technical competence and strong business acumen, with the ability to balance engineering constraints and business priorities to achieve good delivery outcomes. Critical competencies required but are not limited to:
- Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in one or more aspects of product launch
- Business know-how and appreciation of the existence of different type of business to consumer models
- Experience in setting a product /technology plan or roadmap based on requirements
- Ability to rally cross-functional team to execute against plans to meet objectives
- Awareness of the implications of business and technological trade-offs and ability to make the right call with some guidance
- Empathise with developer needs and understand business needs
- Excellent analytical skills with a few specialized knowledge of business and analytical tools and techniques
- Strong communications with different job functions and ability to communicate a few levels up and down
- Ideally past or current practitioner of agile software development, including experience in some of the relevant areas such as CI/CD, DevOps, Microservice, TDD/BDD
- Awareness and experience on one or more cloud service offerings
Closing on 02 Jun 2021