#SGUnitedJobs Senior Software Engineer (DCUBE)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
We are a team in GovTech that seeks to design and develop software applications that help government agencies to better serve the needs of the people of Singapore. To that end, we employ an agile approach towards development, and work towards adopting the best practices and tools used in the top technology companies and organizations.
We are now looking for a top-notch Software Developer to join us in this mission. We are not looking for a diva 10x software engineer. A wise developer once tweeted: “How to be a 10x engineer: help ten other engineers be twice as good.” That is the kind of 10x engineer we are looking for – a capability multiplier, someone who will freely share his skills and knowledge to level-up the whole development team. Are you the one?
If so, you will be joining an agile software team, working on developing engaging, user-centric web and/or mobile applications through practices like pair programming and code reviews. You will also have opportunities to explore areas beyond software development, such as devops, cloud infrastructure, software QA.
What to expect:
- Work in an agile development team to deliver high quality software applications. This may be the full stack, including both mobile and web application frontends as well as its respective backend
- Adopt proven software engineering practices like pair programming, code reviews, test-driven development.
- As a more experienced engineer, you will additionally be expected to lead conversations on solutioning and systems design, establish best practices and mentor other engineers in the team.
Experiences we look out for:
- Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Backend development using Typescript
- Frontend development using React.js and React Native
- Database technologies (both relational and non-relational)
- Docker/container technologies
- Familiarity with the following will be an added bonus:
- AWS infrastructure and its managed services
- Development/maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience is preferred
Character traits we look out for:
- Drive for learning and self-discovery
- Openness to new ideas
- Strong sense of ownership and proactiveness in ‘making things happen’
- Willingness and capability to share and impart knowledge
Closing on 06 Sep 2021