#SGUnitedJobs Service Designer
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
As part of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team, the ACE tribe aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies better serve the needs of Singaporeans. We adopt an Agile development approach and work towards tech best practices and cutting edge tools.
We are seeking a highly motivated designer skilled in UI to join us for some exciting projects. You’ll work with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and business experts to create solutions that exist in both digital and physical realms.
As we launch new products, your role will be to ensure that the future of public service is not just functional, but delightful to use. Rather than work on commercial ventures commonly found in the startup scene, we're here to improve how we live as a society through what we can offer as a government.
What to Expect:
- Demonstrable UI Design skills with a strong portfolio
- Build high-fidelity prototypes using Sketch & Invision across digital platforms (web/mobile/tablet)
- Lead projects from a UI perspective, defining functionality navigation, interaction and visual design
- Work in close collaboration with the Development team to ensure the projects are delivered on time
- Provide thought leadership on usability and user-centered design principles
- Define, develop and maintain consistent design systems, standards and patterns across the product Key Responsibilities
- Drive user research activities such as, usability testing, A/B testing, stakeholder interviews, surveys, and translate research findings into actionable recommendations
- Design innovative web/mobile/tablet experiences based on the understanding of personas, their behaviour and needs, as well as business strategy
- Present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Validate the UI design style guides within components and templates to help maintain quality and consistency
- Partake in digital asset design efforts by building and maintaining asset libraries,managing style guide documentation, retouching/resizing images assets.
- Be collaborative. Contribute to healthy team motivation and morale, offering confidence and discipline to explore good design solutions while respecting deadlines
- Work with development teams to ensure design solutions are understood and executed correctly
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including UAT, post-launch evaluation, partner on finding solutions to design issues.
- Collaborate with other designers to build a design improvements document Partners Facing
- Participate in the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle Qualifications
- 1- 2 / 4- 5 years of professional experience in a design consultancy or equivalent position
- Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant design discipline (Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design)
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
- Preferred Skills:
- A portfolio that shows your ability to create pixel perfect mobile and web experience
- Evidence of a strong understanding of design process and strong ability to use the following tools (Sketch, Invision, Adobe)
- Solid experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Extensive experience with user interface design patterns and standard User-Centred Design methodologies across multiple platforms
Closing on 24 May 2021