#SGUnitedJobs Software Engineer - SHIP
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$5000 - S$11000
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Engineering Productivity (ENP), as part of GDS, is a highly dynamic and energetic team of leading industry experts powered by experience and fueled by passion to create impactful systems for whole of government and citizens with new technologies such as Containers and API Gateways. The objective is to catapult our government systems into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scaling. The team builds central services to empower agencies to jump-start into developing feature-ready applications.
As the leading software engineer capabilities group for GovTech, the team is responsible to build and operate existing impactful projects and new exciting strategic projects. If you are looking for opportunities to be part of this excellent team, we welcome you to join us and make a difference to improve the government digital systems.
What To Expect:
- Create REST- based web services and APIs for consumption by web for distributed B2B platform
- Work with engineering team to explore and create new design / architectures geared towards scale and performance
- Code from scratch, test and operate services to maintain our high development standards
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning and optimization
- Work with cross-functional product and engineering teams to define and prototype feature specifications
- Work closely with infrastructure team in building and scaling back-end services as well as performing root cause analysis investigations
- Design, build, analyse and fix large-scale systems
How To Succeed:
- 4+ years of experience in backend development
- Expert in at least 1 backend framework, eg ROR, Nodejs, Django, etc
- Must be familiar with SQL/NoSQL databases, Web services, SOA patterns.
- Good working knowledge on design patterns, UML schema design, REST APIs.
- Must have good unit testing experience
- Experience of building microservices systems and testing them
- Experience of building systems with high data protection requirements, anonymous data and data encryption
- Experience with agile project management
- Can help to drive code review and pull request process
Closing on 18 Jun 2021