#WSIP #SGUnitedJobs #PublicService Assistant Manager-Awareness Development Partnership Development
INFO-COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
#SGUnitedJobs / #PublicService [Assistant Manager, Awareness Devt and Partnership Devt]
The Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) (“the Authority”) leads Singapore’s digital transformation with infocomm media. To do this, IMDA will develop a dynamic digital economy and cohesive digital society, driven by an exceptional infocomm media (ICM) ecosystem – by developing talent, strengthening business capabilities, and enhancing Singapore’s ICM infrastructure. IMDA also regulates the telecommunications and media sectors to safeguard consumer interests while fostering a pro-business environment, and enhances Singapore’s data protection regime through the Personal Data Protection Commission.
As part of the #SGUnited initiative, we are looking for an Assistant Manager for the role of Assistant Manager, Awareness and Partnership Development.
What You Can Look Forward To:
This position seeks to equip you with valuable work experience and acquire new in-demand skills to gain a firmer foothold in the job market when the economy recovers.
The following are features of this role in IMDA:
- Opportunity to work on projects guided by experienced practitioners;
- Participate in training programmes to build competencies required of the role;
- On-the-Job training with clear milestones and learning objectives; and
- Assessment and feedback session for development.
What You Will Be Involved In:
As part of the “Train, Hold and Release” programme, we are looking for an Assistant Manager. This role belongs to the Resiliency and Cybersecurity Group, which is generally responsible for analysing industry trends, validating new technologies and solutions, monitoring and responding to threats, and formulating and reviewing policies to ensure that Singapore’s info-communication and broadcast networks and services remain resilient and secure to support national strategic initiatives such as Digital Economy and Smart Nation.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Develop strategy to enhance the image of a telecoms career
- Formulate and manage campaigns to showcase telecom solutions
- Liaise with partners from telecoms sector to identify innovative solutions for showcase
- Work with telco industry partners to actualise new normal services for industry
Technical Skills & Competencies that you will be able to learn during this programme:
- Develop strategic thinking and planning skills pertaining to branding and publicity of telecoms skills/ careers
- Improve communication and collaboration skills
- Enhance individual competency in stakeholder management and liaison through coordination with internal management and various industry partners in the telecommunications sector
- This position is open to:
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents; and
- Applicants with no experience and mid-careerists who are looking to make a career switch
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- The traineeship is for a duration of 24 months.
- Trainees will be given a monthly traineeship allowance.
Closing on 16 Jun 2021