#WSIP #SGUnitedJobs #PublicService Assistant Manager-ICT Network and Infrastructure
INFO-COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
#SGUnitedJobs / #PublicService [Assistant Manager, ICT Network and Infrastructure]
The Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) (“the Authority”) leads Singapore’s digital transformation with infocomm media. To do this, IMDA will develop a dynamic digital economy and cohesive digital society, driven by an exceptional infocomm media (ICM) ecosystem – by developing talent, strengthening business capabilities, and enhancing Singapore’s ICM infrastructure. IMDA also regulates the telecommunications and media sectors to safeguard consumer interests while fostering a pro-business environment, and enhances Singapore’s data protection regime through the Personal Data Protection Commission.
As part of the #SGUnited initiative, we are looking for an Assistant Manager for the role of ICT Network and Infrastructure.
What You Can Look Forward To:
This position seeks to equip you with valuable work experience and acquire new in-demand skills to gain a firmer foothold in the job market when the economy recovers.
The following are features of this role in IMDA:
- Opportunity to work on projects guided by experienced practitioners;
- Participate in training programmes to build competencies required of the role;
- On-the-Job training with clear milestones and learning objectives; and
- Assessment and feedback session for development.
What You Will Be Involved In:
As part of the “Train, Hold and Release” programme, we are looking for an Assistant Manager. This role belongs to the Resiliency and Cybersecurity Group, which is generally responsible for analysing industry trends, validating new technologies and solutions, monitoring and responding to threats, and formulating and reviewing policies to ensure that Singapore’s info-communication and broadcast networks and services remain resilient and secure to support national strategic initiatives such as Digital Economy and Smart Nation.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Track developments on international standards/best practices (e.g., ITU, ISO, ETSI, 3GPP) to assess the impact on telco cybersecurity and resilience regulations
- Undertake regular reviews and development of policies, governance frameworks and initiatives to enhance the resilience of telecommunication systems and networks in Singapore and ensure industry compliance with such policies and governance frameworks.
- Support in the development of system-based monitoring and auditing tools that incorporate programming and use of data analytics tools
- Employ familiarity with telecommunication systems and networks in performing the above-stated tasks
Technical Skills & Competencies that you will be able to learn during this programme:
- Develop in-depth understanding of standards and best practices pertaining to telecom cybersecurity and resilience regulations
- Hone individual resourcefulness and research skills by independently studying new industry developments and their impact on as potential updates to Singapore’s telecom cybersecurity and resilience requirements
- Play a leading role in shaping Singapore’s cybersecurity and resilience regulations
- Apply software development skills to build innovative monitoring and auditing tools that fulfil real-world requirements
- Expand application and knowledge of data analytics through the use of data analytics tools to meet pre-defined objectives
- This position is open to:
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents; and
- Applicants with no experience and mid-careerists who are looking to make a career switch
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- The traineeship is for a duration of 24 months.
- Trainees will be given a monthly traineeship allowance.
Closing on 16 Jun 2021