#WSIP #SGUnitedJobs #PublicService Assistant Manager-Project Management
INFO-COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
#SGUnitedJobs / #PublicService [Assistant Manager, Project Management]
The Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) (“the Authority”) leads Singapore’s digital transformation with infocomm media. To do this, IMDA will develop a dynamic digital economy and cohesive digital society, driven by an exceptional infocomm media (ICM) ecosystem – by developing talent, strengthening business capabilities, and enhancing Singapore’s ICM infrastructure. IMDA also regulates the telecommunications and media sectors to safeguard consumer interests while fostering a pro-business environment, and enhances Singapore’s data protection regime through the Personal Data Protection Commission.
As part of the #SGUnited initiative, we are looking for an Assistant Manager for the role of Project Management.
What You Can Look Forward To:
This position seeks to equip you with valuable work experience and acquire new in-demand skills to gain a firmer foothold in the job market when the economy recovers.
The following are features of this role in IMDA:
- Opportunity to work on projects guided by experienced practitioners;
- Participate in training programmes to build competencies required of the role;
- On-the-Job training with clear milestones and learning objectives; and
- Assessment and feedback session for development.
What You Will Be Involved In:
As part of the “Train, Hold and Release” programme, we are looking for an Assistant Manager. This role belongs to the Resiliency and Cybersecurity Group, which is generally responsible for analysing industry trends, validating new technologies and solutions, monitoring and responding to threats, and formulating and reviewing policies to ensure that Singapore’s info-communication and broadcast networks and services remain resilient and secure to support national strategic initiatives such as Digital Economy and Smart Nation.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Manage cybersecurity projects, which includes planning, requirement gathering, procurement and implementation
- Perform research on standards and other best practices pertaining to cyber monitoring and response
Technical Skills & Competencies that you will be able to learn during this programme:
- Expand understanding of telecommunication systems and networks by independently studying telecommunication systems and networks, as well as common cyber monitoring and response processes
- Develop knowledge and expertise pertaining to cyber monitoring and response techniques, as well as standards and best practices in the field
- Improve stakeholder management and liaison skills by managing updates and making recommendations to management on standards and integrating best practices pertaining to cyber monitoring and response
- This position is open to:
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents; and
- Applicants with no experience and mid-careerists who are looking to make a career switch
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- The traineeship is for a duration of 24 months.
- Trainees will be given a monthly traineeship allowance.
Closing on 16 Jun 2021