#WSIP #SGUnitedJobs #PublicService Assistant Manager-Research and Policy
INFO-COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
#SGUnitedJobs / #PublicService [Assistant Manager, Research and Policy]
The Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) (“the Authority”) leads Singapore’s digital transformation with infocomm media. To do this, IMDA will develop a dynamic digital economy and cohesive digital society, driven by an exceptional infocomm media (ICM) ecosystem – by developing talent, strengthening business capabilities, and enhancing Singapore’s ICM infrastructure. IMDA also regulates the telecommunications and media sectors to safeguard consumer interests while fostering a pro-business environment, and enhances Singapore’s data protection regime through the Personal Data Protection Commission.
As part of the #SGUnited initiative, we are looking for an Assistant Manager for the role of Assistant Manager, Research and Policy.
What You Can Look Forward To:
This position seeks to equip you with valuable work experience and acquire new in-demand skills to gain a firmer foothold in the job market when the economy recovers.
The following are features of this role in IMDA:
- Opportunity to work on projects guided by experienced practitioners;
- Participate in training programmes to build competencies required of the role;
- On-the-Job training with clear milestones and learning objectives; and
- Assessment and feedback session for development.
What You Will Be Involved In:
As part of the “Train, Hold and Release” programme, we are looking for an Assistant Manager. This role belongs to the Resiliency and Cybersecurity Group, which is generally responsible for analysing industry trends, validating new technologies and solutions, monitoring and responding to threats, and formulating and reviewing policies to ensure that Singapore’s info-communication and broadcast networks and services remain resilient and secure to support national strategic initiatives such as Digital Economy and Smart Nation.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Conduct research on infocomm/ telecom trends pertaining to network resilience and cybersecurity and evaluate their implications on Singapore
- Support resilience/cybersecurity policy development through benchmarking of such policies globally
- Write policy/review papers to summarise technology and policy in network resilience and cybersecurity
- Present key findings to management and other stakeholders
Technical Skills & Competencies that you will be able to learn during this programme:
- Develop strong resourcefulness and research competencies in ICT and telecom trends that pertain to network resilience/cybersecurity and their implications on Singapore
- Hone writing and documentation skills, specifically pertaining to policies or reviews of areas pertaining to network resilience and cybersecurity
- Gain invaluable experience in the policy-making process which includes benchmarking with policies globally
- This position is open to:
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents; and
- Applicants with no experience and mid-careerists who are looking to make a career switch
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- The traineeship is for a duration of 24 months.
- Trainees will be given a monthly traineeship allowance.
Closing on 16 Jun 2021