#WSIP #SGUnitedJobs #PublicService Manager-Data Engineer, Data Analytics
INFO-COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
#SGUnitedJobs / #PublicService [Data Engineer, Data Analytics]
The Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) (“the Authority”) leads Singapore’s digital transformation with infocomm media. To do this, IMDA will develop a dynamic digital economy and cohesive digital society, driven by an exceptional infocomm media (ICM) ecosystem – by developing talent, strengthening business capabilities, and enhancing Singapore’s ICM infrastructure. IMDA also regulates the telecommunications and media sectors to safeguard consumer interests while fostering a pro-business environment, and enhances Singapore’s data protection regime through the Personal Data Protection Commission.
As part of the #SGUnited initiative, we are looking for a Manager for the role of Data Engineer, Data Analytics.
What You Can Look Forward To:
This position seeks to equip you with valuable work experience and acquire new in-demand skills to gain a firmer foothold in the job market when the economy recovers.
The following are features of this role in IMDA:
- Opportunity to work on projects guided by experienced practitioners;
- Participate in training programmes to build competencies required of the role;
- On-the-Job training with clear milestones and learning objectives; and
- Assessment and feedback session for development.
What You Will Be Involved In:
As part of the “Train, Hold and Release” programme, we are looking for a Data Engineer. This role belongs to the Resiliency and Cybersecurity Group, which is generally responsible for analysing industry trends, validating new technologies and solutions, monitoring and responding to threats, and formulating and reviewing policies to ensure that Singapore’s info-communication and broadcast networks and services remain resilient and secure to support national strategic initiatives such as Digital Economy and Smart Nation.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Monitor advancements in big data technologies and identify new tools and frameworks that could improve efficiency and fine tune existing data analytics platforms.
- Develop and review data models for cybersecurity projects.
- Process, cleanse and verify the suitability of large datasets used for cybersecurity data analytics.
- Work with internal teams to support needs relating to data ETL, or where scripting may be required to streamline and improve processes relating to the flow of data or integration with other platforms.
- Manage the development of infrastructure required for real-time and batch data ingestion and processing pipelines for data analytics, machine learning, dashboarding and visualisation.
Candidates should be familiar with the following:
- Processing and cleaning large datasets
- Data analytics techniques and approaches for large datasets
- Cybersecurity data and use cases
- Writing of documents
Technical Skills & Competencies that you will be able to learn during this programme:
- Understand the intricacies and means of dealing with large data sets and efficient ways of analysing it
- Develop understanding of cybersecurity use cases and datasets
- Expand knowledge and application of innovative Data Analytics techniques (including tools and solutions that are emerging)
- Gain experience in processing, cleansing, verifying and analysing large datasets for real-world cybersecurity applications
- Build stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Develop skillsets to advise on data analysis methods for complex scenarios.
- This position is open to:
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents; and
- Applicants with no experience and mid-careerists who are looking to make a career switch
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- The traineeship is for a duration of 24 months.
- Trainees will be given a monthly traineeship allowance.
Closing on 16 Jun 2021