#WSIP #SGUnitedJobs #PublicService Network Engineer, ICT Infrastructure
INFO-COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
#SGUnitedJobs / #PublicService [Network Engineer, ICT Infrastructure]
The Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) (“the Authority”) leads Singapore’s digital transformation with infocomm media. To do this, IMDA will develop a dynamic digital economy and cohesive digital society, driven by an exceptional infocomm media (ICM) ecosystem – by developing talent, strengthening business capabilities, and enhancing Singapore’s ICM infrastructure. IMDA also regulates the telecommunications and media sectors to safeguard consumer interests while fostering a pro-business environment, and enhances Singapore’s data protection regime through the Personal Data Protection Commission.
As part of the #SGUnited initiative, we are looking for a Manager for the role of Network Engineer, ICT Infrastructure.
What You Can Look Forward To:
This position seeks to equip you with valuable work experience and acquire new in-demand skills to gain a firmer foothold in the job market when the economy recovers.
The following are features of this role in IMDA:
- Opportunity to work on projects guided by experienced practitioners;
- Participate in training programmes to build competencies required of the role;
- On-the-Job training with clear milestones and learning objectives; and
- Assessment and feedback session for development.
What You Will Be Involved In:
As part of the “Train, Hold and Release” programme, we are looking for a Network Engineer. This role belongs to the Resiliency and Cybersecurity Group, which is generally responsible for analysing industry trends, validating new technologies and solutions, monitoring and responding to threats, and formulating and reviewing policies to ensure that Singapore’s info-communication and broadcast networks and services remain resilient and secure to support national strategic initiatives such as Digital Economy and Smart Nation.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Plan, procure, manage, deploy and configure computer networks and network security appliances / services according to the ICT system’s requirements.
- Define and implement the security hardening requirements for the projects’ network appliances and ensure that they fulfil government security requirements.
- Check that the projects’ network infrastructure meets all baseline functionality, performance and security requirements (e.g. software patches up-to-date, securely configured, etc.) before commissioning.
- Drive the conduct of pre-commissioning infrastructure tests, such as UAT, performance testing, operations readiness testing, SSAT, security reviews and/or security audits.
Technical Skills & Competencies that you will be able to learn during this programme:
- Apply network design skills and manage the deployment of enterprise networks and appliances Hone writing and documenting skills pertaining to the definition of specifications for procurement, as well as configuration, tuning, hardening, testing and troubleshooting
- Hone writing and documenting skills pertaining to the definition of specifications for procurement, as well as configuration, tuning, hardening, testing and troubleshooting
- Develop skills in risk assessment and analysis of network-related changes and activities.
- Establish SOPs for network related activities
- Develop end-to-end IT project management skills, specifically in the coordination and setup of ICT systems for cybersecurity projects
- Build stakeholder management skills and grow personal network of IT professionals in the local cybersecurity and telecommunications ecosystem
- This position is open to:
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents; and
- Applicants with no experience and mid-careerists who are looking to make a career switch
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- The traineeship is for a duration of 24 months.
- Trainees will be given a monthly traineeship allowance.
Closing on 16 Jun 2021