Account Manager, Accounts (Healthcare)
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About Accounts (Healthcare)
Globally, technological advancements are disrupting the way people seek healthcare and extend their health span. Firms across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology and digital health sectors are re-inventing their products and services, as well as business and delivery models. As part of EDB’s continuous efforts to grow the healthcare industry, we are looking to hire experienced professionals to develop compelling propositions and engage leading companies to anchor global and regional activities in Singapore. This contributes to EDB’s overall vision, for Singapore to be the choice location in Asia where healthcare companies innovate new products, services, business and delivery models, and manufacture for the regional and global market.
You will be managing a portfolio of identified corporate clients, and lead in developing industry-wide initiatives and value propositions. This is an individual contributor role and you will report to the Senior Vice President, Healthcare.
- Serve as the main contact person from EDB to portfolio of identified corporate clients and oversee end-to-end process of account development, project negotiation and execution, and client servicing
- Cultivate strategic relationships and build trust with clients. Adhere to EDB’s service principles to ensure good client experience with EDB
- Develop deep understanding of clients, their needs, operations, and structure to develop and refresh client engagement strategies
- Identify, negotiate and structure project opportunities to secure “win-win” outcomes for clients and Singapore
- Offer solutions to address clients’ requests/ issues/ challenges
- Activate relevant resources and expertise (in EDB/ government/ ecosystem partners) to support client engagement
- Collaborate with other teams in EDB (e.g. Strategy, Business Environment, Ventures, Planning & Policy and Legal) for project development, related negotiations and smooth execution of end-to-end account management process
- Build sound understanding of regional and global industry and business trends, industry synergies, whole-of-government offerings, and spread of EDB’s products and services to create project opportunities and value-add to client relationships
- Lead and undertake ad-hoc competitive analysis (e.g. market/ sector-based, trends) to augment client engagement strategies
- Identify trends/ observations across sector and recommend and put forth solutions in response to issues faced by clients or potential impact on them
- Provide inputs where relevant to appropriate teams in EDB and/or rest of Singapore government on policies or product/ service development (e.g. in incentive design, resource negotiation)
- Work across different teams in EDB in delivering analysis and insights generation
- Lead in developing industry-wide initiatives and value propositions
- 3 - 4 years of relevant industry work experience, knowledge and interest in the Healthcare sector
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills; able to analyse in-depth different complex issues and put forth actionable solutions
- Demonstrate keen sense of business acumen and experience in negotiation, structuring deals, and project management
- Strong independent worker; able to deliver outcomes effectively and efficiently
- Able to build and maintain positive client relationships and work in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken; including ability and experience in engaging and managing stakeholders across all levels of seniority internally and externally
- Possess a driven, self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and is a team player
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants may expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Closing on 29 Oct 2021