SINGAPORE MEDICAL SPECIALISTS CENTRE PTE. LTD.
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
S$2800 - S$4500
Main Duties and Responsibility
(A) Scrub / Circulating
1. Deliver intra-operative care to patient in operating theatre.
2. Provide guidance and assistance to ancillary personnel in the department.
3. Perform scrub / circulating duties during surgical procedures.
4. Ensure the needs of the surgical team are met during surgery.
1. Perform daily checking of anaesthetic machine to ensure the equipment is in the optimal condition before use.
2. Participate in Time Out procedure before surgery to ensure correct patient, correct side and correct surgery.
3. Assist the anaesthetist during induction and reversal phases of anaesthesia.
4. Administer intramuscular injections when ordered by the surgeon or anaesthetist.
5. Account for custody and safe keeping of controlled drugs and record controlled drugs used.
6. Ensure used anaesthetic requisites are sent to Central Sterile Supplies Department for decontamination and sterilization.
1. Monitor patient’s condition and provide immediate post-operative care to patient in the Recovery Bay.
2. Report any abnormalities of patient’s condition to surgeon / anaesthetist respectively.
3. Perform daily testing of defibrillator and weekly checking of resuscitative trolley and replenishment of surgical supplies when necessary.
1. Admit and prepare patients for surgery in the ward.
2. Involve in witness of consent taking for patients who are undergoing operative procedures.
3. Provide post-operative care to patient in the ward.
4. Document patient’s parameters and nursing care rendered.
5. Reinforce post-operative instructions to patient before discharge.
1. Provide staff coverage and care to patient with pre-existing medical conditions in Local Anaesthesia Operating Theatre after office hours.
2. Comply with infection control practice and policies of department and National Dental Centre Singapore.
3. Demonstrate interpersonal relations skills with the public and staff.
4. Provide and maintain a clean and safe environment for patients.
5. Exercise care and economy in the use of equipment and surgical supplies.
6. Attend Continuing Nursing Education program to maintain nursing knowledge.
7. Participate in nursing committees when assigned.
8. Perform any other ad hoc duties and tasks when assigned by the Nurse Manager.
1. State Registered Nurse (SRN) with 2 to 3 year experience in operating theatre, preferably Operating Theatre / Intensive Care Unit trained.
2. Registered Nurse with Singapore Nursing Board
3. Minimally a diploma in Nursing
Closing on 04 Feb 2021