Application Infrastructure Manager
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
We are constantly looking for Application Infrastructure Managers with broad and deep technical expertise across multiple domains, best practices and technologies. Execute new initiatives and enhancements that result in innovative use of your domain technology knowledge to meet the needs of forward-looking Public Service agencies.
What to expect:
- Lead a team of Application Infrastructure Engineers and outsourced service providers to provide subject matter expertise around the area of technical infrastructure for the various domains in Application Infrastructure Operations, Network, ICT Security or Desktop.
- Review, support and endorse infrastructure architecture, infrastructure resource planning, infrastructure performance and system hosting environment focusing on Hardware Infrastructure, Operating Systems, Virtualization, Storage and Backup in support of new application systems at Public Service agencies
- Identify opportunities to optimise delivery and achieve standardisation of application infrastructure services across Public Service agencies to reduce operations overheads
- Drive, monitor and oversee application infrastructure services and projects across Public Service agencies and assign resources to ensure smooth operations.
- Subject matter expert on application infrastructure technology to coach and mentor Application Infrastructure Service Consultants through new and routine tasks.
- Oversee the competency development of Application Infrastructure Service Consultants according to the training and competency development roadmap established.
How to suceed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in designing, deploying and managing enterprise level ICT infrastructure in application infrastructure services of which 5 years were in a leadership role
- Excellent technical knowledge of application infrastructure technologies with good knowledge of supporting technologies such as infrastructure operations
- Proactive and dedicated individual with strong leadership and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to present ideas and influence stakeholders
- An adaptable and bold individual who dares to try new things and take smart risks
- Successful candidates need to demonstrate both deep and broad level of technical expertise in the area of Infrastructure Services, with appreciation of Infrastructure Management.
- Certification in one or more Cloud Technology platform (either in Architecture, DevOps or System Administration/SysOps track) preferred.
- Passion and belief in GovTech core values – Agile, Bold and Collaborative
Closing on 09 Feb 2022