Assistant Director / Senior Manager, Whole of Government ICT & Smart Systems Portfolio Management
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As the Assistant Director / Senior Manager of ICT & Smart Systems (ICT&SS) Portfolio Management, you will part of the team responsible for managing the portfolio of public sector ICT&SS investments and plans across 100 government agencies. You will play a key role assessing ICT&SS proposals, and as the secretariat to the Public Sector Infocomm Review Committee (PSIRC), a Whole-of-Government (WOG) decision making forum for strategic and impactful ICT&SS investments.
As a member of the team, you are an excellent communicator and a team player who will collaborate with highly technically competent people across GovTech to facilitate and ensure high quality proposals and robust recommendations are made. Success in the role will be demonstrated by your ability to navigate through competing priorities, tackle ambiguity, and to synergise and align with WOG initiatives.
What to Expect
• Govern WOG ICT & SS portfolio to drive better value and outcomes/benefits realization, in alignment to Whole of Government (WOG) ICT&SS strategies and priorities
• Develop, review, and operationalise ICT&SS portfolio framework, policies and guidelines and best practices to govern ICT&SS portfolio
• Develop, review, and operationalise ICT&SS benchmarking indicators and datasets to help agencies assess project costs
• Lead and manage cross-functional teams comprising subject matter experts and technical specialists to review ICT&SS projects for their business and technical fit, alignment to WOG ICT&SS policies and standards, risk impact, business case and cost reasonableness
• Lead post-implementation reviews to validate ICT&SS project benefits/outcomes realization
• Drive the business and system requirements for WOG ICT&SS portfolio management, and support in the development of the WOG ICT &SS governance technology platform
How to Succeed:
• Degree in ICT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
• At least 10 years relevant working experience in large value ICT project implementations, ICT portfolio governance and/or governance risk and compliance in a team lead role, preferably with public sector ICT project experience
• Ability to take a broad and strategic perspective, and able to drill down to understand specific project details
• Good understanding of government ICT policies and standards, technology stack, and whole-of-government ICT&SS initiatives
• Proficient in the use of data analysis and visualization tools (e.g. MS excel, Tableau)
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to provide quality written assessment and present to senior management
• Proactive, collaborative with good stakeholder management skills
• Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), and/or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) is preferred
Closing on 31 Dec 2021