Assistant Director, Performance & Rewards
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As an Assistant Director in the Planning, Performance and Rewards team, you will drive the development and implementation of robust, market-competitive and progressive Human Resource (HR) policies, programmes, systems and processes.
What to expect:
• Review, develop and implement HR strategies, policies and programmes on remuneration and rewards (e.g. pay philosophy and framework. You will also be involved in the design of total compensation package, entry pay approach, annual salary benchmarking and review so as to ensure that these are market-competitive and internal parity is maintained. When met, these objectives will attract quality people to join GovTech while motivating and retaining high-performing employees.
• Review, develop and implement strategies, policies and programmes on performance management (e.g. target setting, alignment of targets to GovTech goals, promotion philosophy and guidelines, managerial accountability, performance appraisal/review/counselling) to re-shape staff behaviour so as to create a strong performance-centric culture where the full potential of every individual can be realised.
• Review, develop and implement policies and programmes on employment terms and conditions to ensure that these are fair, objective and progressive.
• Engage stakeholders in organisation design through evaluating business strategies, structures (spans of control, management layers etc), processes, reward systems, and people practices and policies. These will optimise GovTech’s structure, streamline workforce needs and enhance overall effectiveness.
How to succeed:
• Degree holder, preferably with post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management or Human Resource Development.
• Good knowledge and understanding of local and regional market HR practices, and familiarity with employment and industrial relations legislations.
• Good knowledge and understanding of HR practices and systems in both the public sector and the high-tech industry.
• Keen business acumen, excellent communication skills, strong analytical, negotiation and networking skills.
• Good written communications skills.
Closing on 17 Jan 2022