Assistant Manager, Communications & Marketing
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure, applications and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
We are looking for an experienced communications specialist to join our Communications and Marketing Group in GovTech, who is ready to drive communications for the Smart Nation Sensor Platform initiative.
The successful candidate will plan and develop media-centric strategies and execute communications plans that tap on media relations, social media, influencer marketing and other communications channels. As the communications lead, this person will need to engage government and business partners and work closely with the product teams to create stories that showcase solutions and our vision to leverage technology to make a difference for citizens and businesses.
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering meaningful and relevant digital services to the public, has a good understanding of smart and digital technologies with at least 5 years of relevant experience of implementing successful and impactful communications strategies to lead conversations. This person is a superior storyteller who can turn abstract or complex projects into easily understood content and has a proven track record of generating awareness for tech products, government agencies or national projects through earned and editorial media.
- Develop powerful narratives and compelling content to promote the initiative (e.g. media materials, profile stories, product videos etc) for media publicity
- Engage media to facilitate media understanding of context, key issues or new announcements
- Advise on communications approaches for projects; anticipate possible public reactions and media reporting angle and recommend suitable responses
- Counsel and prepare spokespersons for media interviews
- Design crisis communications plans to manage issues and crises
- Work closely with product teams and stakeholders on media communications
- 5 and more years of experience in public relations, communications, journalism or editorial roles
- At least 3 years of experience working with and pitching to reporters from general news, tech, business beats across print and digital media outlets
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage a wide spectrum of external and internal stakeholders, including fostering relationships with media and advocates
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with sensors/IOT industry will be an added advantage
Closing on 20 Jan 2022