Assistant Manager (CRG Approving Officer), SDCD/SPSG – 6 Months Contract
MINISTRY OF SOCIAL AND FAMILY DEVELOPMENT
Public / Civil Service
The Social Policy and Services Group (SPSG) oversees all policy, planning and delivery of social services for low-income and vulnerable families, including persons with disabilities. The Service Delivery and Co-ordination Division (SDCD) under SPSG overseas direct operations including the Social Service Offices, centralised schemes and service management of regional services. You will be part of a dynamic team tasked to support the Social Service Offices.
Your role is to ensure that the financial schemes are administered consistently, according to the eligibility criteria and guidelines, set out by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF).
• Approve scheme applications according to the criteria and guidelines provided
• Assist the Assistant General Manager/ Team Leader to ensure smooth administration of scheme-related enquiry counter and appointments.
• Understand the operational policy guidelines and explain/guide processing officers. Supervise the work of the processing officers.
• Ensure data entered by processing officers is accurate and recommendations are according to operational policy, appeal, flexibility guidelines.
• Manage the refund of subsidies and erroneous disbursements according to operational manual provided.
• Keep track of application numbers, processing timeline and backlog of cases.
• Tertiary qualification
• Experience in operations work (such as processing of applications for schemes and other frontline operations)
• Experience in using relevant systems and IT software
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Empathetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Good team-player
Successful candidates will be offered a 6-month contract.
Closing on 15 Jun 2021